Home

Auto Subbing

This is a discussion on Auto Subbing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Auto Subbing

I want to have it so that all of my players get a chance d u have ti set the auto subbing as 80 in and 80 out that way my WR4 and say WR5 or WR6 all get a possible chance at playing in the game and getting yards want to make it fair for my school
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Auto Subbing

i don't think in and out can be same and I'm pretty sure in has to be higher than out because they will gain stamina while out and come back in when they hit the in number. maybe 90 out 95 in

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

i would think the higher the "out" the more the starters will come out. as for your 4th and 5th WR, i don't know if it will go that far unless you start 3 WR

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
I want to have it so that all of my players get a chance d u have ti set the auto subbing as 80 in and 80 out that way my WR4 and say WR5 or WR6 all get a possible chance at playing in the game and getting yards want to make it fair for my school
I'd say 80-85 works typically well for all skill positions on offense & defense. That way, they don't stay in too long, nor sit too long either.

But Think of it like this...At the beginning of each game, every player starts out at 100% energy. Then as your game plays on, the players get reps, get tired & subbed out. They sit for a breather, which replenishes their energy back to 100% and get subbed back into the game...

...But just like in real life, in NCAA FB all the players begin to show longterm fatigue and then only start recovering fully at 95% energy, then 90%, 85%, 80% etc... So if you set your Sub-In at 90 or higher, then you'll start to see the "disappearing RB" that never gets subbed back into the game in the 4th qtr. That's b/c he now only fully replenishes at 85%.

So for me, I felt that Formation-Subbing represents a true to life way of getting some guys reps, whom I want to see play. Auto-Subbing for me represents a universal Stamina Slider, and the pace in which players realistically sit for rest. After 3-4 carries, my starting RB is almost guaranteed to sit for a breather. Typically I'll see my 2nd string RBs get more carries in the 3rd & 4th qtrs. Ending up w/ around 6-9 carries. So I balance it out w/ my Formation Sub packages.

An example of how my RB usually looks w/ 20-25 carries:

1st Qtr: 100%
2nd Qtr: 95%
3rd Qtr: 90%
4th Qtr: 85%

If you want to see 5th & 6th string WRs get reps, I would suggest having a few 5-wide formations, and possibly a couple formation subs. The auto-sub won't work perfectly, nor the same for every game b/c of the amount of reps a player gets & how they perform.

sorry so long-winded...

Last edited by jkits; 08-29-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not one to pic kmy own players and such so i use the also called Ask Madden feature like it as in Madden so thats why i said auto subbing
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »