Home

CPU running the ball more?

This is a discussion on CPU running the ball more? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
CPU running the ball more?

I am an SEC guy and love rushing the ball and defensive struggles for me and the AI. The issue I continue to have is that I will play a team with a good running game on paper, but then they rush the ball 12 times during my game with them. So end the end I have the ball twice as long as the CPU.

My sliders are of course on point as I have had 3 years to play with them. Now it comes down to the AI either having a scrambling QB so the RB never gets the ball, or a pocket passer and they choose not to run as much (including screen passes). I have tried going into the CPU coach and make them run more, but when we play sometimes it works and sometimes not. Anyone figured out the dynamic to create more of a rushing game for the CPU?
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU running the ball more?

I've been using the OS slider set for awhile now and the CPU runs all over me in games they should. For example I just got done playing at Stanford and their starting running back had 170 yards and a touchdown on like 25-26 carries, and their backup running back came in and had like 20ish yards on 4-5 carries. Georgia Tech gashed me for 465 rushing yards in a game last season. So I think sliders are definitely part of it, also I've noticed if you get up a couple scores pretty quickly the CPU abandons the run game really easily

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 09-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for the information. I play on AA and have about 60 plays per game so that looks good. Here are my sliders, anything stand out?

.........................ME, CPU
QB acc ..............10 , 10
pass blk............ 70 , 65
Wr cth.............. 60 , 60
RB Abil............... 5 , 100
Run blk ...............0, 55
Pass cov ............20 , 80
INT ...................15 , 40
rush d ...............40 , 95
TKL ...................45 , 35
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 PM   #4
MVP

whughes's Arena

Oh I'm not a slider guy, so I can't help you there. I just plug in sets others make until I find one that feels right

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 09-30-2017, 11:59 PM   #5
Rookie

I like making CPU run block higher. I think I have mine on 80. But I leave CPU RB ability at 50. I don't want superman running the ball. My rush defense is on 40. It's not a perfect formula though.
I haven't gone in and changed the CPU coaches run/pass ratio yet but am thinking I will soon. Probably just 1 click towards the run (+5).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah I put the CPU RB ability so high because the slider gurus state that the higher, the smarter the AI RB is. They seem to hit the right hole and go up the field more than hesitating. IDK if it is placebo, but that seems to be the case.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

By adjusting your coaches Run/Pass defense sliders all the way to favor the run (left) the CPU will really focus on making their run game a priority. Even the Air Raid teams will pound the rock more aggressively, while still slinging the ball around.
I'm in year 5 and it has been working great.
This has been buried in EA's code since at least Madden 12.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #8
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
By adjusting your coaches Run/Pass defense sliders all the way to favor the run (left) the CPU will really focus on making their run game a priority. Even the Air Raid teams will pound the rock more aggressively, while still slinging the ball around.
I'm in year 5 and it has been working great.
This has been buried in EA's code since at least Madden 12.
I actually had no idea that's how that slider worked. Thanks for mentioning that.

Pelicans

Redskins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »