Home

Injuries in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Injuries in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2020, 08:38 AM   #17
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Injuries in Dynasty Mode

A combination of lowering the injury rating for all the players, lowering stamina so that fatigue plays a role and raising the durability slider within your profile will allow for a lot of ding ups during the game and a variety of injury types. In my experience anything other than "0" injury rating for OL and DT's will be virtually impossible for them to get injuries in-game. But, I've been able to get that and actually see how the lineman was injured and it was the coolest thing.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys on what you do about the lack of injuries in dynasty mode...

So I'm playing my Pitt dynasty (link in signature) and have essentially no injuries. I figure there are a few ways to get injuries into the game, either by modifying the injury ratings of all the players on my team down significantly, by manufacturing injuries through some sort of lottery/dice roll, or just playing with no injuries and accepting it.

Just wanted to know which route you guys find to be the best and most enjoyable for you? This will help me decide for myself how to attack this issue as well. Thanks!

You also have to remember that you are dealing with only a 70 man roster compared to 85 man roster. So essentially you start and end the season with 15 players on injured list if you are comparing this game to real life. I think the number of injuries are realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #19
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I just started using these in my Texas State dynasty, actually my backup RB went out for 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

As an alternative, the injuries I use aren't as severe as the ones listed previously in the topic, and I also get a good amount of injuries.

Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
TE/FB: (-20) (around 60)
Defense: (-40)
(optional) OL: (-70)
Old 07-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #21
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon5 Re: Injuries in Dynasty Mode

Tested the standard deductions that StoneWall posted on a team I'm rebuilding in offline dynasty and I liked the immediate result of seeing injuries in every game. The practical downside was that all of my skill players were constantly getting hurt for multiple games on offense. I'm not sure -40 is appropriate for WR's especially, as I always had about 3 of them injured at any given time. The injuries were typically between 3-6 weeks and would obviously recur on the guys I threw to most often.

Even with linemen around 20 INJ rating I never had any get hurt in that season, so that holds true to what you said originally.

I also had regular injuries to LB's because they had the most frequent contact on ball carriers. Injuries were typically for 2-4 quarters.

I do appreciate upping the difficulty because after years of playing you need to find new ways to be challenged. Wondered if anyone else saw much higher injury percentages to skill groups? Is a collective 25-30 games missed by WR's realistic for the season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Tested the standard deductions that StoneWall posted on a team I'm rebuilding in offline dynasty and I liked the immediate result of seeing injuries in every game. The practical downside was that all of my skill players were constantly getting hurt for multiple games on offense. I'm not sure -40 is appropriate for WR's especially, as I always had about 3 of them injured at any given time. The injuries were typically between 3-6 weeks and would obviously recur on the guys I threw to most often.
Those are way too severe IMO. That post is also from 2017, so testing these has come a ways since then. Try mine above.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have been using edits very similar to von doziers above and they have been extremely realistic, where in the first year of the dynasty I have had multiple small injuries and about 4 that lasted between 4 - 8 weeks to a QB, CB, DT and S, and now in year 2, an OG our for 8 weeks
Old 07-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
A combination of lowering the injury rating for all the players, lowering stamina so that fatigue plays a role and raising the durability slider within your profile will allow for a lot of ding ups during the game and a variety of injury types. In my experience anything other than "0" injury rating for OL and DT's will be virtually impossible for them to get injuries in-game. But, I've been able to get that and actually see how the lineman was injured and it was the coolest thing.

The first coaching skill on the OC and the 2nd or 3rd on the DC (both on the bottom row, OC is the leftmost and DC is rightmost) are the reason most of the players here don't see any injuries on their teams. I NEVER set these ratings and always deal with injuries. I just played a game as the Kansas OC where my starting QB was injured for a few plays and my backup got tagged on his first throw and is out 6 weeks. I was redshirting my #3 QB and had to burn the shirt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »