Home

Offense and Defensive Playbooks/Styles

This is a discussion on Offense and Defensive Playbooks/Styles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #9
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Offense and Defensive Playbooks/Styles

I typically run a Pro Style offense when I start my dynasties as I don't quite have the athletes to run much else. As my dynasty evolves and we are able to recruit better wide receivers, I go to more of a spread look and throw it more than I run. I would love to run a true triple-option or read-option attack, but I know that's pretty much broken in this game. Maybe if I get back into this game I'll focus more on a smashmouth, ground-and-pound offense to really establish an identity on the ground.

As for defense, I typically run a 4-3 since finding a true nose tackle to run a 3-4 is near impossible in recruiting. I ran an Old Dominion dynasty a couple years back and utilized the 3-3-5 defense and I really enjoyed learning about that defense's strengths and weaknesses and adding a second SS to the field at all times. I ended up recruiting a 6'5" 2* monster at SS who would just punish ball carriers. I think in his first six games he forced five fumbles alone. Maybe that's the direction I go in my next dynasty (whenever that is).
Old 10-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #10
Rookie

ChirpyMango01's Arena

OVR: 0

My offenses vary but usually follow the same philosophy. I like offenses like the run-and-shoot or the flexbone that only primarily use one personnel group. My offenses also don't usually carry tight ends or blocking fullbacks. My logic is that an extra ballcarrier I can use to run option with or an extra receiver I can use to spread the defense has the same effect in the run game as an extra blocker.

Defensively, I like to run 3-4 Under as my base defense. It uses the personnel of the 3-4, but it's a one-gap formation, so having a true nose tackle is less important than having d-linemen who are strong and can penetrate.
Boston Celtics
Old 12-23-2018, 12:40 AM   #11
Just started!

Offensively; I lean towards the pistol. Plenty of powerful run plays and great variety of pass plays including shotgun for both. I created a playbook mixed of the pistol playbook and just added Maryland heavy. For rushing, NOTHING is better than Maryland....... Defensively; I like the 3-3-5. It works great unless someone comes out in a heavy set run. If that happens then 3-4 takes care of that. Roll Tide !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2018, 03:16 AM   #12
Pro

Offensively I run a mix between a pro and a spread style. The majority of what I run is 3 WR 1 TE. I like to run downhill with dives and traps from ace formations while utilizing the read option in shotgun formations. My pass game is generally medium depth routes with shots when there's single coverage.

Defensively, my playbook is 3-4 but I don't run it as much because everybody likes to run spreads. It's a custom playbook with 3-3-5 and 4-2-5. I utilize 3-3-5 more than anything else. I mostly use the 4 lineman 3-3-5 defense (i dont remember the name) on run downs and the stack formation on pass downs, and I use nickel 2-4-5 as well. I use the 3-3-5 bear formation for run heavy/option teams and I throw in a 4-2-5 formation here and there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »