Home

Ways to make practice mode more interesting?

This is a discussion on Ways to make practice mode more interesting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just looked at tubaSimulator's fantastic thread about integrating "Training Camp" into the newer Madden games and I wanna try doing something similar for NCAA 14.

Does anyone else have any good ideas for making practice mode more interesting? Its a mode I hardly ever use and I want to find different ways to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
Rookie

I do too much stuff without practice mode already (you should see my tracker spreadsheet) so I’m just theorizing, nothing concrete.

It’d be cool to use practice mode to set your depth chart. In the off-season, run your favorite plays with each player getting a shot at each depth chart position. Whoever does the best or looks the best in your opinion, gets the job. OVR might not win all the positions all the time.

During the season, give attribute increases or decreases based on how a guy performs in practice. HB broke a couple big plays, give him a boost in non physical attributes (cant make him faster, more agile, etc.) like BCV or CAR. It means he’s focused. Reset before the next game/practice.

I’d like to dig into the details but I don’t plan to do it. Hopefully you can use that as a start point maybe, if you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by divinemind; 10-16-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

uw1618's Arena

Re: Ways to make practice mode more interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinemind
I do too much stuff without practice mode already (you should see my tracker spreadsheet) so I’m just theorizing, nothing concrete.

It’d be cool to use practice mode to set your depth chart. In the off-season, run your favorite plays with each player getting a shot at each depth chart position. Whoever does the best or looks the best in your opinion, gets the job. OVR might not win all the positions all the time.

During the season, give attribute increases or decreases based on how a guy performs in practice. HB broke a couple big plays, give him a boost in non physical attributes (cant make him faster, more agile, etc.) like BCV or CAR. It means he’s focused. Reset before the next game/practice.

I’d like to dig into the details but I don’t plan to do it. Hopefully you can use that as a start point maybe, if you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
What's your tracker look like?!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: Ways to make practice mode more interesting?

I wonder if it would be possible to use an XP system similar to the NBA 2K or maybe have a "Gameplan" setup each week that gives boosts to certain position groups like in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »