Home

weird recruiting deal

This is a discussion on weird recruiting deal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
weird recruiting deal

I am playing as the Huskers coming of a national championship (2005). I recruited a option style QB who did not have me in his top 3 (elite 11 and ranked #6). He never committed to anyone even though I threw a bunch of points at him and had me as top choice by the end of week 5. I thought oh well. After I go through the walk-ons and setting the depth chart I notice that he was now on my roster. Good for me but I had not read where this happened to anyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: weird recruiting deal

Yeah. I've noticed this happens alot. I've seen it as early as week one. I go after a guy. See the no commits screen come up. Only to go to my targets screen and see the guy has comitted to me. This has screwed me up royally as end up going after other players and wasting points in the comitted players postion that I dont need.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

I have read and heard that if commits don't accept a commitment by the end of week five then they are players who did not meet eligibility requirements. They can join your team as a walk on though. This has happeded to me at least twice.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Something we should look out for is to see if a player who ends up unsigned in say 2005 shows up in 2007 as a Juco transfer as a junior. That would be pretty cool.

They don't meet any requirements, so they go the juco route and then show up a year or two later and are now eligible.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #5
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

That is an interesting concept....worth looking into actually. It would just take a long while to do because you have to some serious writing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #6
Rookie

tlavell's Arena

OVR: 1

I have noticed that when I have a specific need at a position and a player that I recruit at this position doesn't commit after week 5 will have me as the leader on his board. When I go to the change position screen this player will show up as a walk-on. I have taken to the practice of recording those players that have me 1st on the board but don't commit. I then check for them later on my roster. Again this generally only happens to me when I have a specific need at a position (ie. 2 QB's need 3). I have not seen this happen at the Athlete position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »