Home

your best performing low OVR player

This is a discussion on your best performing low OVR player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: your best performing low OVR player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Not a low rated guy anymore, but my current QB Brandon Jefferson is a cool “wait for my chance” story.

He came in rated something like a 63. He was my first out of state recruit (from NV). He redshirted and rode the pine behind Brian Givens (best Qb in school history). Still was #2 behind Chase Crowder the next season, but did see some action that year as Crowder sucked too. Lost the job to Brandon Reese in a Qb battle (same overall ratings) for 2 straight years.

Reese left for the draft, and Jefferson finally had a shot. Now a RS SR, he gets on season to prove himself. He’s now like a 92 overall though. He’s gone for almost 2000 yards in 6 games and is the offense’s best weapon. Good enough he could even get drafted, after riding the bench his whole career!

He never once looked to transfer either. I’m on the brink of having QB’s drafted in back to back seasons now, which I’ve literally never done

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

i had a guy like that, frankie abbot, a player who i envisioned to proceed one of our record setting quarterbacks , only to have him lose battles and ride the pine up until his final year of eligibility. he was probably a 95 ovr by then, and did set our single season record for passing yards, which still stands.

in other news, i’ve now got a 64 ovr running back who through two games led the team in rushing yards lol. he’s now at 186 yards on 23 carries, an 8.0 average (had a 55 hard TD in season opener) through three. my team has always struggled to run the ball so that’s crazy lol, my top RB (93 OVR) overtook the lead though with 193 yards through three games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's a little different spin on the conversation...

I can't recall a low OVR player that stood out to me, but I definitely recall having a better mid range OVR player than my extremely high OVR player.

Back around 2015 I was using LSU for a dynasty. I had Fournette, yeah yeah, potential Heisman, first round overall pick, next Bo/Herschel/Walter...sure.

Fournette had a pretty good season, but it wasn't till he left that I uncovered the biggest hidden gem I've ever had in any sports game. For some reason, Darrell Williams, somewhere in the lower 80's, broke the rushing record, was a 2x Heisman, 2x All-American, and would go on to be a first round pick after his Senior season.

As I went on through my dynasty, I never encountered another guy quite like him and I will always remember him as my mid range OVR ultra superstar.

Last edited by saintrules; 06-15-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had two RBs that I had recruited for depth - Gary Peterson and George Robinson. Both were sub-70 recruits and I didn't expect either to play much until may they were Juniors or Seniors.

Two games into my season, my sophomore former 4-Star HB Nick Bowling wasn't cutting it as the starting back. Not bad, but just not living up to expectations. FR(RS) Peterson and SO Robinson started getting a few extra carries in that game and had success because they were built like power backs, while Bowling was a balance back. The duo completely took over with Bowling only playing HB in mop up duty the rest of the season and moving to WR thereafter.

I don't recall their numbers, but I would play the hot hand (legs?) between the two for the reminder of their careers. I think Peterson was my last 1,000 yard rusher before Brandon Stephen in my most recent season, about 8 years after Peterson graduated.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #28
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Just had my Sophmore MLB win best LB at a 76 OVR. Never once usered him. UL
Old 07-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #29
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

My SS Dee Foster is a decent story. He was a free safety something like 80 overall going on his junior year, second string. My SS left for the draft despite only being an 87 overall and a 6th round projection, but my house rules don't let me convince rs-jr's to stay. I had to move Foster to SS to be the starter, as the only other option was an incoming freshman in the 60's.

He wound up being a force on defense, had something like 5-6 interceptions as a junior and won the Thorpe award. He has 5 picks through 7 games in his senior year. 91 speed. I don't know what his zone rating is, but he is DEADLY when covering the flats. A true "shut down" guy when it comes to his zone.

My tight end Martee Smith is good too. He's a sophomore JUCO transfer, 72 overall but 84 speed. My starting tight end (87 overall) was benched 4 games as a suspension (self imposed). Backup tight end Fred Howard was an 83, but his speed is only 75. I started Howard, but put Smith in on predominantly passing downs for tight ends especially shotgun. I'd have to check the numbers, but he had probably over 200 receiving yards in those 4 games. He was a stud when it came to getting open in space, and had really good hands. He will be a strong contender when he hits his senior year, even though he will probably only be like an 83 overall by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Just had my Sophmore MLB win best LB at a 76 OVR. Never once usered him. UL
That's impressive. I only user control my MLB, as I like being in the center of the field, I don't like playing most other positions. DL is only fun to pass rush, and I don't like being way back at safety covering deep third and stuff lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-26-2018, 03:30 AM   #30
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Big Boy Baines also having a breakout season in my EWU Team Builder OD

Old 07-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #31
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Big Boy Baines also having a breakout season in my EWU Team Builder OD

That’s an insane amount of return touchdowns lol. What sliders/difficultly are you on

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #32
MVP

Insane! Haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »