Home

Shot in the dark here about an old eBook

This is a discussion on Shot in the dark here about an old eBook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2023, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Shot in the dark here about an old eBook

Does anyone have the Madden Lab Bowling Green playbook videos or know a way to get into the eBook? I have the eBook and of course the system has long been turned off. I used to have the username and password somewhere. I wanted to run this again one last time.

Added my play call sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BG Playbook.pdf (173.7 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by slingblade73; 06-08-2023 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added attachment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2023, 08:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shot in the dark here about an old eBook

Sorry I don’t have any info on that, but I was always curious what formations were featured in that ebook. I was thinking Shotgun Split Slot, but I have no idea.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:51 AM   #3
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
Does anyone have the Madden Lab Bowling Green playbook videos or know a way to get into the eBook? I have the eBook and of course the system has long been turned off. I used to have the username and password somewhere. I wanted to run this again one last time.
Out of curiosity, how detailed was the ebook? Did it just show which plays to run, play breakdowns, etc.? I'm always fascinated with how people communicate this stuff whether it's an ebook, video, or something else. Thanks
Old 06-07-2023, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Out of curiosity, how detailed was the ebook? Did it just show which plays to run, play breakdowns, etc.? I'm always fascinated with how people communicate this stuff whether it's an ebook, video, or something else. Thanks
I used to get ebooks back in the Madden PS2 era from that Madden lab website back when dukegotgame ran it. He would put together an entire offensive scheme from an initial formation, with audibles, hot routes and their complimenting route combos, formation shifts, making entirely new plays that I’d never thought of. It was pretty eye opening stuff. I’m not really sure how good they are nowadays, but it really took you into the minds of the guys who saw the game in totally different ways.
Old 06-07-2023, 01:06 PM   #5
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
I used to get ebooks back in the Madden PS2 era from that Madden lab website back when dukegotgame ran it. He would put together an entire offensive scheme from an initial formation, with audibles, hot routes and their complimenting route combos, formation shifts, making entirely new plays that I’d never thought of. It was pretty eye opening stuff. I’m not really sure how good they are nowadays, but it really took you into the minds of the guys who saw the game in totally different ways.
That's cool. I wonder how many plays he would cover for a single scheme. My scheme may end up being 40+ plays so maybe I'm going overkill with some of them. I can never tell how much detail people need to run a full scheme. Sounds like his weren't that deep but didn't need to be perhaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Sorry I don’t have any info on that, but I was always curious what formations were featured in that ebook. I was thinking Shotgun Split Slot, but I have no idea.
I have all the plays and adjustments somewhere, I can find it.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
It was very detailed and very good. It was in a self contained ebook and was very well done. HD video for the time.
Old 06-08-2023, 01:15 PM   #8
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
It was very detailed and very good. It was in a self contained ebook and was very well done. HD video for the time.
Interesting. And he just gave it away for free?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »