Home

NCAA Football Gameplay... Many Questions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Gameplay... Many Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NCAA Football Gameplay... Many Questions

Played a first game in my new dynasty on NCAA 12. I am the head coach at UConn. On some of the pass plays, I hit X for my QB to scramble out of the pocket and instead he threw the ball. I have the controls set up as X being my sprint button not a receiver. So, why does it do this? The crazy thing is it didn't happen every time. It is almost like it has a mind of its own. I don't have the one button mode on either. The running gameplay looks and feels funky. Motion doesn't see fluid at all. I also missed two field goals. One was very makeable. I don't know how to phrase this question. Do you angle the kick with right joystick as you kick it? Any help would be appreciated in these things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: NCAA Football Gameplay... Many Questions

Another thing. How come when I call a play action pass play my QB sometimes throws it away. Then intentional grounding is called. I ain't been hitting the button to throw it away.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Another thing. How come when I call a play action pass play my QB sometimes throws it away. Then intentional grounding is called. I ain't been hitting the button to throw it away.
dont know about your first problem but the second one might be your auto pass is on? if it is sometimes the cpu passes it before you have a chance to take control.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
Pro

As far as first problem, do you hold the X down right after hike or do you need to pause a second for a QB run from pocket? I will check auto pass. I don't think is on. I checked. I am getting used to it. I will say passing is easier on this game. I am on varsity right now and killing all my opponents. Not online. Just cpu. And the 4-2-5 stops almost everything. I have gotten burnt a few times, but not until the game is out of reach. I will move up to AA when I am used to all the controls.

Many thanks. I am sure I will have more questions.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #5
Pro

Could it be the remote? I mean I am still playing it. My HB is triangle and I am going to throw it to him as he runs down the sideline on a passing route. I hit X to sprint out of pocket some, then he QB throws it to the middle of the damn field, to no one. Just not sure what the deal is. I have played some crappy games before, but throwing it to players when I don't even want it to be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Could it be the remote? I mean I am still playing it. My HB is triangle and I am going to throw it to him as he runs down the sideline on a passing route. I hit X to sprint out of pocket some, then he QB throws it to the middle of the damn field, to no one. Just not sure what the deal is. I have played some crappy games before, but throwing it to players when I don't even want it to be done.
I'm pretty sure the controls have been locked for some years now, including '12. Unless I'm wrong, every time you hit X you will be attempting a throw somewhere in the vicinity of your X receiver. R2 is the button for scrambling, IIRC.

It is R2 in '14, if you were wondering.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
Pro

Some controls are locked and some allow to be switched. Also, it doesn't happen on every down but at least 3-7 times a game. I switched my X button to another receiver. I ain't so sure what it could be. About lost my gsme to Cincinnati. Enjoying it except for this factor. The option game is about non existent also.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #8
Pro

Went ahead and went to GameStop and purchased a wired controller. I didn't have the problem in the last game. I must say 12 is very different. I can hardly ever intercept on NCAA 06. My UConn team just intercepted WVU QB 7 times. I mean for real. I still only won by 3 points. I made custom conferences and new Bowl tie-ins. I want to see how this turn out at end of the season. There are way too many pass knockdowns and tackles behind the line. I don't mean just for my team. I swear I am trying to really like this game. I have no idea how I am even making tackles. I can't find the plays I just used on the previous down. I just simulated most of the rest of the season and my UConn team is 7-2. Even with speed threshold down to 5, I have guys chasing my DBs down after I am way ahead after an interception. Played a couple more games and still fine. Thanks.

Last edited by Collegefbfan; 12-28-2017 at 12:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »