Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2018, 10:29 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

Update to recruiting method (which is working incredibly well) and results from my first 10 seasons edited into OP.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #74
Pro

Hey guys, a little update, just discovered something to help the experience.

Proper substitutions with Fatigue Off - Auto subs work fine for CPU vs CPU games. Formation subs will work for USER vs CPU games. The user can switch to the other team at the beginning of the game and make any formation sub with the CPU's backups that the user thinks would/should be getting playing time. This is basically having fatigue without all of the negative side effects on gameplay. The only con left that I see is, for example, the starting HB never playing in certain formations that he has been subbed for. This is realistic for a lot of teams anyway, with power backs in certain formations and speed backs in others. Though, this can obviously be remedied by changing the formation subs throughout the game.

Edit: Formation subs that you make for the CPU teams will still be in effect the next time you play them. They will reset as normal though.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 04-27-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #75
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

I just started playing with fatigue off. I did get ran over in the 2nd half by Oregon State but still won. I held their RB to 15 yards in the 1st half. He ended up going for 230 on me. The game went to OT and I was up 7 and ORST had the ball 4th and goal at the 1 yard line, and Nall ran to the outside and my defense just BARELY shoved him out short of the goal line. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Pelicans

Redskins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #76
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingCash
I just started playing with fatigue off. I did get ran over in the 2nd half by Oregon State but still won. I held their RB to 15 yards in the 1st half. He ended up going for 230 on me. The game went to OT and I was up 7 and ORST had the ball 4th and goal at the 1 yard line, and Nall ran to the outside and my defense just BARELY shoved him out short of the goal line. It was amazing.

I love the way fatigue off plays and I just make sure I use formation subs to get my backups some playing time throughout the game. I was beginning to think Fatigue off meant I would never see an injury, but I lost my starting RB for the game due to a concussion and my star senior QB for 10 weeks because of torn abdomen within 5 minutes of each other
Old 04-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #77
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
I love the way fatigue off plays and I just make sure I use formation subs to get my backups some playing time throughout the game. I was beginning to think Fatigue off meant I would never see an injury, but I lost my starting RB for the game due to a concussion and my star senior QB for 10 weeks because of torn abdomen within 5 minutes of each other

Is there any difference to playing with injury off along with fatigue off? Or can I have injuries on and fatigue off?

Pelicans

Redskins

Last edited by TheWalkingCash; 04-23-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
Man, 10 weeks, that's incredible. This is what most people have always said about injuries with fatigue off, but I never got any, and tried for quite a while. In fact, I tried to play with injuries on for so long, that it began to create a huge advantage for me, with the CPU having tons of injuries and me not having any. What other sliders and settings are you using? Some other slider or setting may have an impact on injuries.

BTW, have you tried doing formation subs for the CPU yet? It's been working great for me, and I'd like to hear the opinion of others who have tried it.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 04-23-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingCash
Is there any difference to playing with injury off along with fatigue off? Or can I have injuries on and fatigue off?

I don't think that there is a difference in on-field play in terms of injuries being on or off. It had just become a personal preference of mine to turn them off, because I was just not having any injuries. Absolutely none. Though, like I said above ^, most other people seem to see otherwise. If I were you, I would definitely try it with them on, but just keep an eye on the number of nationwide injuries per team, on average, versus your own. I was seeing many multiple week injuries, at several different positions, per team for the CPU; and I mean top talent on top teams. I, on the other hand, wouldn't have any. It was really throwing a noticeable advantage my way, so I cut them off. Plus, I developed my new recruiting method around this. Of course, if I could begin to see injuries, I would love to have them on and could expand my recruiting method. We may get this game figured out by the time the new one comes out lol.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I don't think that there is a difference in on-field play in terms of injuries being on or off. It had just become a personal preference of mine to turn them off, because I was just not having any injuries. Absolutely none. Though, like I said above ^, most other people seem to see otherwise. If I were you, I would definitely try it with them on, but just keep an eye on the number of nationwide injuries per team, on average, versus your own. I was seeing many multiple week injuries, at several different positions, per team for the CPU; and I mean top talent on top teams. I, on the other hand, wouldn't have any. It was really throwing a noticeable advantage my way, so I cut them off. Plus, I developed my new recruiting method around this. Of course, if I could begin to see injuries, I would love to have them on and could expand my recruiting method. We may get this game figured out by the time the new one comes out lol.
Here's one method of fixing this, is to drop every player's injury rating on your team to a certain amount, categorized by their position

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=133

I remember doing this before and it putting me around with the national average. Think I'm going to go full time with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »