Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

"Chess Match" really is the best way to describe the play with this setup. Before this, under any settings/sliders, I had to use a bevy of self-imposed limitations or "house rules" just to keep it remotely close and interesting. The feeling I get from trying to do what I want to do (and what I used to dominate with) and having the CPU shut me down, forcing me to adapt and alter play-calling, is so refreshing. I truly feel like I purchased a new game without paying a dime. It has that new game feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #26
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I think you rascals have convinced me to try this with fatigue off. Maybe I'll just have to use more formation subs

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

One thing I like to do as personal preference, and was doing before I ever turned fatigue off, is practically treat my HBs like basketball subs, I have my starter in for the 1st and 2nd quarter, sub in the second stringer for the entirety of the 3rd quarter, then put my starter back in for the 4th. Usually leaves me with my starter getting 20+ carries, second string 5 to 10.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Tuscaloosa nailed it. With fatigue off and coaching perks removed, you can truly play the game how YOU want. NO self imposed house rules. I literally play my game. and if I try to be arrogant and run a money play, they will eventually make you pay for it. And if you're being over aggressive at the end of a game trying to run it up, they will pick the ball off in a heart beat. If you don't nail execution and call the correct plays, you will pay for it. When I play defense, it is truly a victory if I hold them to a punt. I have to manually control the guy closest to the ball and be discipline in my pursuits or they will run right past me for a huge gain. This part of the game adds that high risk/high reward element to defense. Sometimes I go for the pick and not the swat or playing the receiver, and if I miss, they are off to the races.

Everyone try this and report back!

Old 01-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #29
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

if y'all want, I will post my sliders tonight so you guys can try.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 2

Please do....
Old 01-24-2018, 09:39 PM   #31
Pro

Just made the decision to turn injuries off as well. I really hate this one, even more than fatigue, but just like fatigue - I don't believe equality can be found between the USER & CPU. Therefore, it fits right in with everything else I believe in regards to elements of the game being designed for the USER to win. Like most of you, I've played hundreds of (if not capping a thousand) games on this edition, since 2013. In all that time, I have never had a season ending injury for the USER. Am I a nut-job conspiracy theorist? Probably, but I think I actually have a case with this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 11:18 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Just made the decision to turn injuries off as well. I really hate this one, even more than fatigue, but just like fatigue - I don't believe equality can be found between the USER & CPU. Therefore, it fits right in with everything else I believe in regards to elements of the game being designed for the USER to win. Like most of you, I've played hundreds of (if not capping a thousand) games on this edition, since 2013. In all that time, I have never had a season ending injury for the USER. Am I a nut-job conspiracy theorist? Probably, but I think I actually have a case with this one.
Instead of turning injuries off I would drastically lower your players injury ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »