Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #65
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

follow up to my last post and my bowl game against Alabama to close out my first full season with fatigue off:

I just finished up my first full season under the no fatigue and coach perks turned off. I was #12, 8-4 vs #20 8-4 Alabama in the Music City bowl. This game was absolutely nuts and had one of the most insane finishes I've ever had on any ncaa football game.

So Whitlow came in hot like he had been all season, with 43 total touchdowns and over 3800 yards. The game was a chess match the entire way, I score....bama Scores. Bama scores....I score. We went into halftime 28-28. After half, I made an attempt to pull away after scoring a touchdown and then holding them to 3 n out, but on the first play of the next drive, I am evading a sack and hit the wrong receiver icon and throw a pick 6 directly to the nickel corner to tie it back up. The game would go back and forth until the end of the 4th quarter, as I would be holding a 49-45 lead with just 4 minutes remaining. I got a pick and scored quickly, making it 56-45 with just 3 minutes remaining. After a turn over on downs, I got the ball with 2 and attempted to run the clock out. This would not happen as their defense would lock me down, and forced a punt with only :40 left in the game. At this point, I just knew I had the game in hand, so I wasn't sweating it. Ran quarter defense just to prevent the big play, and spied the QB.

Well my plan didn't work. Tre Burrell ended up busting off a 49 yard QB scramble to put them into scoring range with mere seconds on the clock, and a quick hike and a quick seam pass to Bruce Nelson got them a quick touchdown with only :09 left in the game. 2 point conversion was good, and it was 56-53. All I needed to do was secure the onsides kick.

Alabama lines up, kicks the onsides kick, and the ball goes straight to my freshman tight end, Oren Bentley. He recovers the ball, I hit X to dive to the ground to prevent anything crazy from happening. Just before he is about to hit the ground, 2 Alabama defenders dive and hit the ball, forcing a fumble. Isaac Neal, their stud freshman running back, picks the ball up, and jets 50 yards for a touchdown with no seconds on the clock while I am sitting in my chair with the remote on the floor and my jaw in my lap.....

final score, Alabama 60, VT 56.

Never in my life did I see this ending coming. When they scored at the end, it was just garbage time points/stats, so I wasn't even sweating it. If I had just got tackled and went to the ground, game would have been over and my 15 straight bowl victory streak would be in tact. smh..............

Fatigue off, everyone.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

That is insane. Onside kick fumble recovery for a game winner. On every slider set I've ever tried, including default, the dive can leave you so vulnerable to fumbles. It's overdone to the point where it's very unrealistic. I never dive in the field of play, except for the QB slide and the little WR fall down. Years ago, I started hurdling at the goal line instead of diving; fumbles still occur, just at a more realistic rate and it even looks more realistic to me as you can/will get flipped "over the pile".
Old 02-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #67
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
That is insane. Onside kick fumble recovery for a game winner. On every slider set I've ever tried, including default, the dive can leave you so vulnerable to fumbles. It's overdone to the point where it's very unrealistic. I never dive in the field of play, except for the QB slide and the little WR fall down. Years ago, I started hurdling at the goal line instead of diving; fumbles still occur, just at a more realistic rate and it even looks more realistic to me as you can/will get flipped "over the pile".
couldn't agree more. Nothing is as ridiculous as diving into the endzone untouched and fumbling the ball anyway.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #68
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Yep, I learned my lesson the hardway on this one. It was realistic this time though because he was hit by 2 defenders at once. Just poorly timed on my behalf. When I hit the x, I thought he was going to do the cower to the ground animation, not a full on dive. If I had known that, I would have just braced for impact and took the tackle. SMH. Oh well, what can ya do. I landed a top 10 recruiting class and gearing up for hopefully a rebound season.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #69
MVP

young22's Arena

57-55 4OT loss to Houston with my new teambuilder. One of the best games I've ever played. We were heavy underdogs, and had a 10 point lead before Houston came roaring back to force OT.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #70
Pro

Just thought I would give an overall update for those who might be interested. I've yet to have that "here we go again" moment with this setup. I thought it might be happening in year 4 at K-State, going undefeated through the regular season. Then, in the NC, we played a top notch team in ND and got it handed to us by a few scores. I then looked at the season overall and I realized we were in fact the second best team in the B12, and managed to upset Texas by a slim margin; so the season was realistic in my mind. I was hoping the next year wouldn't be that typical "right back to the NC year" that you so often see, especially since my team got significantly worse with all the talent that graduated. And to my delight, we had a mediocre year with a mediocre team, barely meeting the 9 wins desired in my contract.

Ohio:
11-3, MAC Champions, Go Daddy bowl win.

K-State:
Year 1: 9-4, Cotton Bowl win.
Year 2: 10-3, Orange Bowl win.
Year 3: 8-5, Beef O'Brady Bowl win.
Year 4: 12-1, B12 Champions, lost to Notre Dame in the NC.
Year 5: 9-4, Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl win.
Probably the most hard fought, realistic comeback I've ever had came against Michigan in this BWW bowl. We were down 31-10 at halftime; won 38-37 on a final second FG that was iced due to skill trees being cleared. I actually didn't know whether it would go or not when I kicked it, awesome moment.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 02-25-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #71
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Just thought I would give an overall update for those who might be interested. I've yet to have that "here we go again" moment with this setup. I thought it might be happening in year 4 at K-State, going undefeated through the regular season. Then, in the NC, we played a top notch team in ND and got it handed to us by a few scores. I then looked at the season overall and I realized we were in fact the second best team in the B12, and managed to upset Texas by a slim margin; so the season was realistic in my mind. I was hoping the next year wouldn't be that typical "right back to the NC year" that you so often see, especially since my team got significantly worse with all the talent that graduated. And to my delight, we had a mediocre year with a mediocre team, barely meeting the 9 wins desired in my contract.

Ohio:
11-3, MAC Champions, Go Daddy bowl win.

K-State:
Year 1: 9-4, Cotton Bowl win.
Year 2: 10-3, Orange Bowl win.
Year 3: 8-5, Beef O'Brady Bowl win.
Year 4: 12-1, B12 Champions, lost to Notre Dame in the NC.
Year 5: 9-4, Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl win.
Probably the most hard fought, realistic comeback I've ever had came against Michigan in this BWW bowl. We were down 31-10 at halftime; won 38-37 on a final second FG that was iced due to skill trees being cleared. I actually didn't know whether it would go or not when I kicked it, awesome moment.
About to see how things go with a teambuilder. Went 10-3, beating a 9-4 Miami team 37-34 in a Russell Athletic Bowl comeback. That game felt really realistic, as I switched from running the cover 3 I ran all year, which got shredded in the first half, to running mostly cover 1 and 2 man under. 4 second half picks, multiple incompletions, it was like they were unprepared for the scheme switch.

We got a really good class, lot of guys with talent, few guys good enough to play from the jump. But the O-line isn't the strongest, and we don't have great edge rushers. Also starting 3 new guys in the secondary, so our defense might be iffy. Should be an interesting season. We're in the American.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #72
MVP

young22's Arena

So we beat Iowa 37-24. New QB goes off. Then we lose 24-21 to NC State (now an option team), thanks to 2 late picks and multiple big runs by their QB. And I thought the season would be easy...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »