Home

The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This is a discussion on The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

This thread started with some of my conspiracy theories about the game lol. It quickly evolved into a place for everyone to discuss ideas on specific tweaks, and just making the game fun/realistic in general. Only then did it truly become "The Game Outside of the Game" - our everlasting quest to come up with new ideas.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 09-09-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

Re: The Game Outside of the Game - Issues and How to Fix Them

These are good points, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’d just like to add that instead of turning the FG accuracy way up, sim all special teams plays. I do this, and I know there’s a number of other players who do as well. I’ve had blocked punts and field goals, punt and kick returns for touchdowns by the cpu, and I even had to recruit a different kicker because the “power” kicker I recruited only had like 65 accuracy and was 6/13 his freshman season kicking for me.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
These are good points, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’d just like to add that instead of turning the FG accuracy way up, sim all special teams plays. I do this, and I know there’s a number of other players who do as well. I’ve had blocked punts and field goals, punt and kick returns for touchdowns by the cpu, and I even had to recruit a different kicker because the “power” kicker I recruited only had like 65 accuracy and was 6/13 his freshman season kicking for me.
I hope you have an answer for the reason I don't do this - do you guys know how to make a FG attempt occur in sim when Ask Coach seems to be inclined to go for it on 4th down?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I intend to switch to Matt10's sliders for my next season. I think Lopaka uses them and he always seems to have a good battle on his hands nearly every game.

I'm still apprehensive about the fatigue thing, I think for the same reason most people are...less subbing. Maybe I will take away my OC's fatigue advantage thing for starters and see how it goes to start.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I intend to switch to Matt10's sliders for my next season. I think Lopaka uses them and he always seems to have a good battle on his hands nearly every game.

I'm still apprehensive about the fatigue thing, I think for the same reason most people are...less subbing. Maybe I will take away my OC's fatigue advantage thing for starters and see how it goes to start.
Yeah, for the longest time I was apprehensive as well. I even tried a few games with just the clearing of skill trees, leaving on fatigue to try and get more subs/injuries. I could certainly still tell a difference, but it was clearly not the same punch as it was with the two changes combined. After considering everything, it bothered me way more that the CPU fatigue rate was much faster than the USER's than it ever did about having a handful of backup HB carries and a few DL subs each game. Especially considering the fact that we have formation subs, which IRL is typically a more common reason for teams to change personnel than actual fatigue, IMO, with third down backs and pass rushers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #6
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I hope you have an answer for the reason I don't do this - do you guys know how to make a FG attempt occur in sim when Ask Coach seems to be inclined to go for it on 4th down?
As far as I know you can’t. In situations like those I’ll either manually kick the field goal, or just go for it

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 01-12-2018, 01:06 AM   #7
Pro

Sound advice on the simming Special Teams, whughes. In the second quarter of trying it my punter had a punt blocked which they recovered for six. I don't think I've had a kick blocked, of any kind, since Tecmo. This certainly helps with Special Teams realism - adding to OP.

Also, can you get the blocked kicks and such if you watch the play?

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 01-12-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #8
MVP

whughes's Arena

I can’t say for sure whether or not you’ll still get blocked kicks/punts if you watch the play. I never watch them

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »