Home

Stamina Ratings/Player Rotation

This is a discussion on Stamina Ratings/Player Rotation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Stamina Ratings/Player Rotation

With the use of the Editor and some info we all came up with a few years ago...I "0" out the stamina rating for all players. There is a hidden Stamina slider as well as a Durability slider in your profile that can only be accessed through the editor. I have the stamina slider at 45 and Durability at 100. Its giving me good results for years.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
With the use of the Editor and some info we all came up with a few years ago...I "0" out the stamina rating for all players. There is a hidden Stamina slider as well as a Durability slider in your profile that can only be accessed through the editor. I have the stamina slider at 45 and Durability at 100. Its giving me good results for years.
Years ago, I swore that I would never buy another X-box console, but I'll be damned if you don't make me want to go out and buy a 360 and somehow con you into teaching me all this.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Years ago, I swore that I would never buy another X-box console, but I'll be damned if you don't make me want to go out and buy a 360 and somehow con you into teaching me all this.

Do it Daniel-Sun!! Miagi help you lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #12
Rookie

i also have no idea how to do any of this editor stuff...what are the requirements, and give me a scale of 1-10 on the difficulty for beginners w/ 0 experience, please.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #13
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I don't use formation subs very often. Most of the time, I use it on defense with the linebacker in nickel and dime situations.

At the beginning of drives, I'll pause the game and adjust the depth chart. I'll move my HB1 to third on the depth chart and bump up HB2 and HB3. I pretty much get carries to all three during the game, and I'll even throw in HB4 every once in a while. I like to rotate my DL in the same way, usually changing out the whole unit.

It also depends on the makeup of my team. In some seasons, I'd be heavy on the rotations, some seasons would have me using a two QB system, and some would have me focus on developing my starters. It made it interesting each season because there wasn't any one plan I could rely on.

As for play calling, I've done it a couple of different ways. I've used the "Ask Corso" screen, but it definitely limits you on the plays they select. As a coach, this might be ideal if I have a young or low AWR QB.

If I have an experienced QB, I believe the whole playbook should be open for him. That means I print out a sheet of all the plays in each formation in my playbook. Then, I limit myself to how many times I can call a play. I can call it twice a game: once in regular formation and once having it flipped. I cross out the play on my chart and don't call it for the rest of the game- including no-huddle.

I've thought about messing with the stamina ratings, but I've pretty much left them alone. With my substitutions and play-calling, just about everybody gets into the game- with maybe QB3 and QB4 not playing. Plus, I've never had a player want to transfer because of "lack of playing time."
I tend to do this when I have two equals at running back, say both are like an 80 but one is power and one is speed. I will sometimes flip flop them just depending on if I want to run inside or off tackle. My issue is I just get tired of going into the menu all the time.

That's why I turned to formation subs. It takes some trial and error, but eventually I find formations that suit each guys skill a bit better. A pass rush DE is put in on mainly nickel or dime, for example.

I too haven't had anyone leave due to playing time, at least not that I can remember. but then again I don't have a ton of depth lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 06-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
i also have no idea how to do any of this editor stuff...what are the requirements, and give me a scale of 1-10 on the difficulty for beginners w/ 0 experience, please.

I had zero experience when i start using it. It was all trial and error for me...getting to see how it functioned, how everything worked and figuring out what the Tab abbreviations were. But that was back in 2012 when the editors first came out. Everything is pretty much self-explanatory now. I would say the learning curve is 6-7. Once you know how to work it, its smooth sailing. Heck, after 7+ years of using these things i learned something new this week still. I had no idea i could group edit by offense or defense or any multiple position groups with the EA DB Editor. So...i encourage anyone who wants to get the most out of this still great game to learn it. Ill try to help in any way i can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »