Home

Pass Interference

This is a discussion on Pass Interference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pass Interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Is this scaleable to new recruits and multiple seasons? Did you literally just lower all speeds by 50? It has been so long since i played NCAA. I cannot remember if there is file share. If yes, have you shared the file?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This was something i was experimenting with for my own pleasure. But yes it can be scaled for recruits and future seasons using the editor if you wanted. Just use the 1-50 scale. Have your fastest players at 50. I did mine this way...

I always edit speed on my roster so the fasted guys on the roster were 75 to begin with. I scaled down by -25. But before i did that I made all player who had 25 speed and below have 26 speed. Then i subtracted minus -25 so they would have 1 to keep from getting the unhandled exception.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
This was something i was experimenting with for my own pleasure. But yes it can be scaled for recruits and future seasons using the editor if you wanted. Just use the 1-50 scale. Have your fastest players at 50. I did mine this way...

I always edit speed on my roster so the fasted guys on the roster were 75 to begin with. I scaled down by -25. But before i did that I made all player who had 25 speed and below have 26 speed. Then i subtracted minus -25 so they would have 1 to keep from getting the unhandled exception.
Ha. 1 speed. That must look comical.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Ha. 1 speed. That must look comical.

Actually it doesn't because Acceleratiin is raised.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-20-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #12
Rookie

I have to agree with you completely. PI calls or lack of, always bothered me. I made a speed edit on my rosters I had made for madden, and the gameplay is so much better. PI calls actually happen. I think if more people started to get away from having such high numbers and just look at gameplay, they’d be better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
I have to agree with you completely. PI calls or lack of, always bothered me. I made a speed edit on my rosters I had made for madden, and the gameplay is so much better. PI calls actually happen. I think if more people started to get away from having such high numbers and just look at gameplay, they’d be better off.

Absolutely. Im always looking at it from the AI perspective and not the User because the User has total control if he wants it. Im always trying to get the AI to play as real as a video game allows. Another edit I made was Throw Power. I scaled it in accordance with player speed. So Throw Power is capped at 50. I did this because that rating doesn't really have anything to do with how far the QB can throw it...but how quickly it can get there. The game is coded so QB's can make the throw according to the routes in a pass play. So the variation comes from Throw Accuracy and pressure on the QB. I still see overthrows and underthrows...but it just looks more realistic with the Throw Power rating in line with player Speed.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-20-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Absolutely. Im always looking at it from the AI perspective and not the User because the User has total control if he wants it. Im always trying to get the AI to play as real as a video game allows. Another edit I made was Throw Power. I scaled it in accordance with player speed. So Throw Power is capped at 50. I did this because that rating doesn't really have anything to do with how far the QB can throw it...but how quickly it can get there. The game is coded so QB's can make the throw according to the routes in a pass play. So the variation comes from Throw Accuracy and pressure on the QB. I still see overthrows and underthrows...but it just looks more realistic with the Throw Power rating in line with player Speed.

Yea, I had lowered all ratings in mine actually. One, because I feel there wasn’t much separation between star players and average ones. Two, I lowered throw power and kick power because it makes trajectories look more real life imo. Another adjustment I made was matching strength and agility to trucking and elusiveness for offensive players and defensive backs. For linebackers and linemen, I matched strength and agility with power and finesse moves. You can feel a big difference in weight and overall movement. Now not every player feels so elusive because in real life they are not. It’s been a really nice touch.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #15
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
Yea, I had lowered all ratings in mine actually. One, because I feel there wasn’t much separation between star players and average ones. Two, I lowered throw power and kick power because it makes trajectories look more real life imo. Another adjustment I made was matching strength and agility to trucking and elusiveness for offensive players and defensive backs. For linebackers and linemen, I matched strength and agility with power and finesse moves. You can feel a big difference in weight and overall movement. Now not every player feels so elusive because in real life they are not. It’s been a really nice touch.

Man i like what you did concerning agility and strength as it ties into certain other attributes. I may have to check that out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Man i like what you did concerning agility and strength as it ties into certain other attributes. I may have to check that out.

It really shows the difference in players who have quick feet, or straight track speed. For example, LeSean McCoy is very quick on feet with hip movement, and deanthony Thomas is a track star with straight ahead speed. I never felt Madden or NCAA really showed the difference between the two other than making one player slower than the other. Also a lot of defensive backs aren’t as agile as receivers, especially the zone coverage type.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »