Home

Draft Class Complaint

This is a discussion on Draft Class Complaint within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 19
Re: Draft Class Complaint

Just edit one of the guys, its not that big of a deal really, definitely not worthy of EA sending out replacement discs.

Just edit the guy, and move on.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Anyways, again this is a Madden problem not an NCAA one. I just wish Madden would take all players leaving into the draft and not just the ones rated at 90(or whatever the cut-off), so the draft and FA pool's are larger.
This is an NCAA Football problem, not Madden, since the problem originates in NCAA. You don't feel the effects until you play Madden, but it stems from an NCAA glitch. You're playing NCAA Football when you export the class. At this point, when you've talked a player into staying, what should happen (but doesn't) is that the game should remove those players from the draft class BEFORE exporting. Then, when you play Madden and import, the player won't be there in the draft class.

This should be a simple problem for them to fix, but for some reason hasn't been addressed, yet. Maybe next year. As it works now, the fix I'm going to employ is that I'm just not going to talk any players into staying. It'll hurt to lose so many great underclassmen, but at least I'll have more recruiting points to work with.

I agree that it would be great if Madden imported the ENTIRE draft class and any undrafted players would just go to the Free Agent pool. That's how I'd do it if it were up to me.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:19 PM   #11
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Well for me its a Madden problem since I have not seen this glitch. And I have talked many people into staying. Sorry others have it but after 8 years of NCAA, I went ahead and simmed 8 through Madden and never saw it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 02:48 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Yes, others have reported this and I had it happen too. Here's what you need to do. Make sure you do NOT cancel out and go back to the main menu. Each time you do in NCAA it will prompt you to export. You have to make sure to stay in the Dynasty screen and move on to the next section (I think its recruiting) where you get 3 options -> continue w/o export, Export and continue, and cancel (something like that). Choose Export and continue and they will remove the players from the dynasty and keep the ones you talked from being placed in the draft 2 yrs in a row.

I had this happen where I saw about 8 guys show up in 2 consecutive years b/c they were Jrs of SO(RS) but were talked back into staying. I know it was not a mistake loading the same draft class b/c Mike Williams and Leinert both were older in the 2nd draft class.

I went back and Resimmed 2 seasons straight w/o exporting prior to contning onto recruiting and I did not see the duplicate players the 2nd time around.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn't worry about it. The NBA has a problem with too many Jason Williams.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

I'd love to see draft classes with just about every player available to be picked, and undrafted guys go to FA

Problem is, the draft classes I feel might end up being too big, and therefore you won't be able to save too many to a memory card. I know I wouldn't :P I use the same mem. card for Madden and NCAA 2005.

Draft classes ARE too small in Madden this year, that's for sure.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:44 PM   #15
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSonGoku
Yes, others have reported this and I had it happen too. Here's what you need to do. Make sure you do NOT cancel out and go back to the main menu. Each time you do in NCAA it will prompt you to export. You have to make sure to stay in the Dynasty screen and move on to the next section (I think its recruiting) where you get 3 options -> continue w/o export, Export and continue, and cancel (something like that). Choose Export and continue and they will remove the players from the dynasty and keep the ones you talked from being placed in the draft 2 yrs in a row.
I tried this today. Still saw some guys I had talked into staying in the rookie pool. I think you need to make your instructions more clear. When you press start at the "players leaving" screen, it has the options of "continue", "export draft class", and "cancel". I simply convinced people to stay, exported, and the problem didn't go away. More help please???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

If there is an actual work around I would like to hear it. I contact EA Support and they acknowledged the problem, but admitted that there isn't a fix or work around yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »