Home

College Rivalries and Backstories

This is a discussion on College Rivalries and Backstories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
College Rivalries and Backstories

I know plenty of college teams have rivalries with other teams, but for those with custom teams or using existed teams who has a fictional rivalry with a team(s), I feel this post is for you. I wanna know in your Dynasty mode, what is your team, their rivals, and how did it start.

Happy New Year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #2
Pro

Re: College Rivalries and Backstories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregs
I know plenty of college teams have rivalries with other teams, but for those with custom teams or using existed teams who has a fictional rivalry with a team(s), I feel this post is for you. I wanna know in your Dynasty mode, what is your team, their rivals, and how did it start.

Happy New Year
In the only full dynasty that I've ever ran, I was K-State the majority of the dynasty. The settings: Community sliders, Skill Trees off, Fatigue off, Random recruiting. Before getting the job at K-State, I had, at some point, moved Arkansas State into the Big 12. Long story short, the triple option is strong in '14 in general, but it is ruthless under those settings, and that is what they ran the entire time. I honestly can't even remember how many years it finally took me to beat them, but they ruined my national championship hopes year in and year out, often times being the only loss of each season. I still remember the feeling of finally beating them and going on to win the natty. It's silly, but it honestly changed the way that I feel about Arkansas State, even IRL. I'll never be them in a dynasty, and every time I see them on tv IRL, I have a mixed cringe/shutter emotion come over me lol.

Good thread idea.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm sure when you were able to beat them, the victory was sweet and happy?
Old 01-02-2022, 10:00 PM   #4
Rookie

My team is the Central Illinois Bandits from NCAA 2002 to NCAA 14.

My team main rival was always Illinois and I had to give up northwestern just so my team can in-game have a rivalry with Illinois (but if i put Northwestern back in the game, the rivalry change for me). Aside from Illinois, my team usually went off any team with a W10+ Home stadium streak like Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State. Since my team is independent and I totally screwed over any purist I made sure Texas couldn't have an easy schedule and Notre Dame in the new ACC (I moved everyone from ACC to American and moved some American teams to C-USA and ACC).

Fictional rivalry backstory: After trying to obtain the central Illinois region of the state for its own campus, the Fighting illini decided to steal the land thereby focusing the CIU to move to Evans, Illinois (an actual very small town) near a fictional railroad (a topic for another website). As Illinois garner some success while CIU would be deny invitations from any conferences until the current college structure was created and the team joined the independent in the lower level before making their move up in 2002 and ever since, been playing against Illinois with leading the series 35-5. Due to the CIU Pirate (Custom Offensive plays) and Raiders (custom defense) and focus on running down the clock in-between run and gun, CIU has knocked Illinois out of bowl games during crucial points in a season while causing CIU to fall to one of the famous bowl games instead of the national titles.

the only plus I can say is my college never loss any coaches to Illinois, but Illinois tried to poach me (OC) many times and I declined each time.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:47 AM   #5
Pro

parent22's Arena

Nice thread idea.

My team is Wyoming State, I made them custom for College Football Revamped. They're rivals with Wyoming. The first year, I lost to Wyoming big, like 45-10 or something like that. Second year, we have them in Week 14. I'm at 5-6, needing a win to get into a bowl.

I made some blackout uniforms for my team, set it to a night game, and had a blackout. They never stood a chance. We beat them 56-14 if I recall correctly.

Fun times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2022, 06:56 AM   #6
Rookie

hell yeah and i hope you guys aren't in the same conferences, it would be ashamed if you knocked them out of winning a bowl game.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:08 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregs
I'm sure when you were able to beat them, the victory was sweet and happy?
Oh, for sure. The last few minutes of the 4th, I just started laughing and felt a weight lift off of me.

Maybe I take this game too seriously...
Old 01-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #8
Rookie

none sense,
it's passion not taking it seriously.

I recruit just so i can compete and beat OSU and Texas every year since illinois isnt that much of a threat at times

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »