Home

Offensive PI on a lineman

This is a discussion on Offensive PI on a lineman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Offensive PI on a lineman

68 yard touchdown pass, just called back for offensive pass interference... on my center!!!!! I checked the replay he actually didn't touch anyone more so was just standing there. I've seen more crazy things happen in the past 2 months with this game as I have since it has came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #2
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offensive PI on a lineman

I've had the center called for PI once before. When I watched the replay, he was basically untouched and ran about 5 yards down the field.

"Illegal man down field" should have been the penalty, IRL. Even though the penalty isn't in the game, I was able to justify a penalty call on my center based on what I saw in the replay.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I've seen it a few times. Sometimes its on a screen (usually a WR screen) where they get a few yards downfield and start blocking before the guy catches the pass. That's usually when its against my team.

I've seen it on the CPU once (it was in 2021 season so just a couple weeks ago when I played it). That one was entirely random like yours.

Major Boise State fan
Old 10-15-2021, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

In regards to this, I just discovered the cheapest play in the entire game totally by accident. I've looked and haven't seen anyone ever talking about it. So basically just run a WR Screen where your linemen block downfield out of any 5-wide set, and then audible all of your blocking receivers to ins and slants (maybe 1 on a streak). Since there's no "ineligible receiver downfield" penalty, and the CPU never really adjusts to it, it turns into an unstoppable play that you can essentially run for the whole game. Even with holding and offensive PI sliders turned up (which will get called on those linemen blocks every now and then), it's an unstoppable money play that leads to huge RAC gains and TDs. I have my penalty sliders in the 80s+, and as long as you get the ball out quickly and don't have cavemen for linemen, they're very rarely called.

Of course, this works best against the CPU. I'm sure if you're playing any mildly intelligent human opponent, that they could probably adjust and deal with it a lot better. But just something interesting I found when I was screwing around the other day. Hopefully NCAA '24 will have that penalty to where this can't be a thing, as well as others.

Last edited by Landonio; 10-15-2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
In regards to this, I just discovered the cheapest play in the entire game totally by accident. I've looked and haven't seen anyone ever talking about it. So basically just run a WR Screen where your linemen block downfield out of any 5-wide set, and then audible all of your blocking receivers to ins and slants (maybe 1 on a streak). Since there's no "ineligible receiver downfield" penalty, and the CPU never really adjusts to it, it turns into an unstoppable play that you can essentially run for the whole game. Even with holding and offensive PI sliders turned up (which will get called on those linemen blocks every now and then), it's an unstoppable money play that leads to huge RAC gains and TDs. I have my penalty sliders in the 80s+, and as long as you get the ball out quickly and don't have cavemen for linemen, they're very rarely called.

Of course, this works best against the CPU. I'm sure if you're playing any mildly intelligent human opponent, that they could probably adjust and deal with it a lot better. But just something interesting I found when I was screwing around the other day. Hopefully NCAA '24 will have that penalty to where this can't be a thing, as well as others.
This ^^^

This is basically what Ive discovered on how you can run a pseudo RPO in this game. Put your slot receiver on a slant audible, then as soon as the balls snapped, I watch the DE on the end of the line playside. If he drops back or crashes inward instead of coming upfield toward my QB, I pull the ball down and run for an easy 5 and slide for safety. Usually he comes though, and I just hit the slant maybe 8/10 times. Switch it up and call inside zone every now and then and you've basically got the closest thing to an RPO offense as you can get in this game. Just turn the off pass interference down all the way if you do - this play can be done without drawing the penalty, but it pointless otherwise so might as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 08:56 PM   #6
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

I had this called against me twice in year two of my UCF dynasty. The first time, it cost me the game. Have been playing this game since day one (revamped for about a year). Have never seen it until now!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »