Home

I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos

This is a discussion on I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #25
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
Heres what I mean by broken...

1. Penalty sliders flat out don't work.
I use Jkit's sliders, and have had 70+ penalty yards in many games. It's the first set I've ever found that actually gets a realistic amount of penalties, truthfully. Facemasks, clips, holding, all the kinda "usual" ones happen each game. It's awesome that they're on point

2. the "run free" programming is a failure , all it did was nerf the defense and OP the offense.
Admittedly no idea what this is.

3.Misprogrammed pass defense- Man coverage has NEVER worked properly in this game.. outs, curls, are automatic vs man coverage regardless of the players ratings..Other routes are semi-automatic vs man coverage like digs and corner routes.
Heavily disagree here. Some routes are easy for sure but I've definitely had issues against any defense. I've seen corner routes work perfect only to be jumped for a pick next time. I never found it awful on default, but surely improved it with sliders

4. Gameplan settings--Completely OP, want to complete 80% of your passes, just put catching on conservative and even your worst receiver wont drop a pass unless he's hit.
The issue isn't so much receivers but OP accuracy by QB's. Sliders make it a non issue. Best I usually do now with is 60-70%

5. READ OPTION ANYONE? EA wanted the option to work sooo badly that they programmed the defense to over react to the meshpoint resulting in big runs and long td runs with a fast qb..

Agreed here. I had to cut it out of my game plan

6. NOT so special teams..Why doesn't the cpu EVER return kickoffs that go 2 yds or deeper into the end zone?

I've seen them return a few, but I'd like to see more blocks/fakes than anything. I've never seen a block, seen a few fakes by the CPU.

7. XP,XP,XP! Sometimes your coaches get XP and sometimes they just don't..
They get XP based on what happens in game. I've never seen it flawed, everything is assigned correctly in my experience. I never saw this as flawed or saw any issues when I used it (I no longer track it because I use no coaching upgrades. They're too overpowering

REMEMBER...all this still exists AFTER EA installed several "patches"

We'll have to agree to disagree about what constitutes a "Broken " game. My definition of broken is anything that doesn't work properly..I dont really care what words are used..the game doesn't work properly..

I love ncaa but to me its VERY broken..the things ive listed above are just SOME of the aspects of this game that don't work.. How much do you need before you consider it broken?
I answered in your post in bold, it seems a lot of the things you consider problems could be resolved with some slider work. I do hope you look into those if you don't typically use them.

If were using broken in the context of a feature, I consider it broken if the feature flat out doesn't work. For example, you could argue special teams are "broken" since blocks essentially don't exist. So these things that are "fixed" by sliders are not broken features.

Many people argue sliders shouldn't be needed, but that's missing the point. The game has to be playable to the casual fan. Those of us with experience (some of us with a lot) need to tailor it to make it tough. That goes for some features too. Casual gamers wanted to pick up NCAA and run a college offense, AKA read option. If it's too hard, they slam the game. Casual guys don't want to only complete 65% of passes, they want to tear it up. Inevitably this makes some things just too easy for us experienced guys. It's always been that way. Sliders are an excellent tool.

So to be fair, some of these things work exactly as intended because it's not tailored to us hardcore guys.

For me to call the game itself broken, I consider that meaning it is something so jacked up I don't want to play it. I would agree if you said "read option is so OP its a broken feature" as opposed to calling the game itself broken. To each his own I guess. To call it "very broken" in my mind means almost every sports release is "very broken" as they all have several of their own issues.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 10-02-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I don't own Madden 19 but I watched some videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I answered in your post in bold, it seems a lot of the things you consider problems could be resolved with some slider work. I do hope you look into those if you don't typically use them.

If were using broken in the context of a feature, I consider it broken if the feature flat out doesn't work. For example, you could argue special teams are "broken" since blocks essentially don't exist. So these things that are "fixed" by sliders are not broken features.

Many people argue sliders shouldn't be needed, but that's missing the point. The game has to be playable to the casual fan. Those of us with experience (some of us with a lot) need to tailor it to make it tough. That goes for some features too. Casual gamers wanted to pick up NCAA and run a college offense, AKA read option. If it's too hard, they slam the game. Casual guys don't want to only complete 65% of passes, they want to tear it up. Inevitably this makes some things just too easy for us experienced guys. It's always been that way. Sliders are an excellent tool.

So to be fair, some of these things work exactly as intended because it's not tailored to us hardcore guys.

For me to call the game itself broken, I consider that meaning it is something so jacked up I don't want to play it. I would agree if you said "read option is so OP its a broken feature" as opposed to calling the game itself broken. To each his own I guess. To call it "very broken" in my mind means almost every sports release is "very broken" as they all have several of their own issues.
I'm using Joshc1977 system which is working great for me in coach mode. The key is to implement everything his recommends not just the sliders. I also am using a teambuilder school located in South Dakota which limits recruiting options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »