Home

04 vs 06

This is a discussion on 04 vs 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Pick your favorite
06 The results are hidden 0%
04 The results are hidden 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2018, 02:34 AM   #1
Rookie

iverson3's Arena

OVR: 3
04 vs 06

I noticed 04 and 06 threads have been popping back up. Wanting to start a dynasty on a NCAA game during the PS2/Xbox gen days. Would love to have people here post their opinions on which game you would suggest playing if you only had one option. Open to hearing other options like 07 but it seems like 04 and 06 are definitely everyone’s favorite from that gem. Let’s hear it! Will be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 04 vs 06

I honestly can’t go back to 04. 05 added HFA and stadium atmosphere stuff like create-a-sign. After 05, 04 just seems very bland to me, personally. I’m good with anything 06 and later but the last one I owned from that gen was 08 and that was my favorite from that gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
Rookie

iverson3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
I honestly can’t go back to 04. 05 added HFA and stadium atmosphere stuff like create-a-sign. After 05, 04 just seems very bland to me, personally. I’m good with anything 06 and later but the last one I owned from that gen was 08 and that was my favorite from that gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never tried 08 on the last gen thank you for sharing that!
Old 09-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

07 was the one I came up with. I really like 06 but 07 was schematically deeper on offense and defense.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
Pro

esayem's Arena

Just a quick, non-detailed response:

04 doesn’t have rotating conference schedules in dynasty, everything 05 and after does.

07 and after, the crowd does not reflect the actual attendance in dynasty. If your team stinks and they fill 35k out of a 70k stadium, 06 and earlier show the stadium half full at the start of the game. 07 and after ALWAYS start with a capacity crowd.

06 just kind of hits everything on all cylinders. The recruiting and dynasty mode are the most realistic as well. At some point in the series (08?), the rosters are ported from PS3 so you get unrealistic player looks all over the place. The recruits on PS2 are always realistic though. 11 has horrible jerseys. Like conference logos are superimposed over apparel logos. Cosmetically, very bad. The title game always carried the Pasadena logo.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »