Home

Controlling everything/ almost everything in dynasty

This is a discussion on Controlling everything/ almost everything in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Controlling everything/ almost everything in dynasty

So, I decided to make the switch back to NCAA football. After years of frustration with madden, I’ve realized my home is with NCAA. I started a dynasty the other night, and fell in love all over again. But something was still missing...

Although madden has it’s many problems, I really enjoyed the 32 team control aspect. Managing every team, and even playing every game. I got lost in my own little world. I just wish there was more diversity in playbooks and schemes like NCAA. That’s why I am going back.

I started this thread because I am curious to see if there’s anyone out there that has tried to control, or even play all of the games in an NCAA dynasty. I believe I’ve seen that you can only control up to 12 teams offline, but you can play every game every week.

If you have done something like this, or have any input, I am all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Controlling everything/ almost everything in dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
So, I decided to make the switch back to NCAA football. After years of frustration with madden, I’ve realized my home is with NCAA. I started a dynasty the other night, and fell in love all over again. But something was still missing...

Although madden has it’s many problems, I really enjoyed the 32 team control aspect. Managing every team, and even playing every game. I got lost in my own little world. I just wish there was more diversity in playbooks and schemes like NCAA. That’s why I am going back.

I started this thread because I am curious to see if there’s anyone out there that has tried to control, or even play all of the games in an NCAA dynasty. I believe I’ve seen that you can only control up to 12 teams offline, but you can play every game every week.

If you have done something like this, or have any input, I am all ears!

I've never tried this, but I'm interested in hearing about it, if you end up trying it. There was one time when I put the game on one minute quarters and played certain games in order to force the game to do certain things, like a four loss team in the title game etc.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
Rookie

It is possible, but a few issues...
1) you need to edit the dynasty file to make it so you have user control over all the coaches. You need to change the coach control from 0 to 1 for all coaches. This can only be done with the editor though.
2) if you are able to controll all the coaches you MUST switch back to a single coach BEFORE the coaching carousel begins or it will freeze and corrupt the saved game. The game wasn't designed to handle that many coaches being user controlled at once.

If you need help with how to edit dynasty files I would suggest looking a TDAWGS re rated roster page for some great tutrials for the XBOX 360 way to edit and save dynasty files.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooparker
It is possible, but a few issues...

1) you need to edit the dynasty file to make it so you have user control over all the coaches. You need to change the coach control from 0 to 1 for all coaches. This can only be done with the editor though.

2) if you are able to controll all the coaches you MUST switch back to a single coach BEFORE the coaching carousel begins or it will freeze and corrupt the saved game. The game wasn't designed to handle that many coaches being user controlled at once.

If you need help with how to edit dynasty files I would suggest looking a TDAWGS re rated roster page for some great tutrials for the XBOX 360 way to edit and save dynasty files.

Appreciate it bud! I was thinking after I started this thread that it would be an editor need. Unfortunately I don’t have an actual computer to do the editing. I just use a chrome book for school. Maybe I’ll just have to control one team, and just play the rest of the games.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:48 PM   #5
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Something I tried doing was only controlling one coach in the first year.

Then when the Coaching Carousel starts up, I would create a coach and take over the "generic" coaches who ended up going to lower prestige schools.

By the end of the third season, I had 9 coaches at 8 schools- I controlled the OC and DC at Old Dominion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

I don't play all games but for something different I will play as one conference. It's pretty simple. I play all games that teams face each other in the same conference. I always play as the road team. Presents a hard challenge on the road. I use a lot of house rules too, but this has made playing something different as you can influence multiple teams. I'll also play all the bowls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »