Home

Playing 08 on PS2 again and...

This is a discussion on Playing 08 on PS2 again and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playing 08 on PS2 again and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts727
Question for you - in the 06 version do the commentators only show up for the nationally televised games?

Yes. I believe that is how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #34
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Been gaming on PC since I built my first one after the NCAA series got canceled so it was hard for me to even think about going back to 480p with horrible aliasing on the PS2. Started playing NCAA Football 10 on the PS2 emulator at 8Xs resolution on a 32" monitor and the experience has been amazing.

I honestly would prefer to play '06 but I would miss like crazy using square and the right stick to choose an audible while staying in the same formation. I don't think '06 had this feature.

My biggest gripe with 9-11 games is the crappy pass blocking and jump the snap. The OL can do some really dumb things sometimes I wish the Offense had an AWR slider like the defense does.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Didn't 08 have some wonky pursuit angles making kick returns and outside runs really easy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
Didn't 08 have some wonky pursuit angles making kick returns and outside runs really easy?
That was basically a myth. Unless your actively looking for ways to break the game, you'll never see an issue with this. I'm using the XBOX version, and have played 100 games or so. Maybe it was actually a thing on PS2
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-29-2019, 05:44 AM   #37
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Been gaming on PC since I built my first one after the NCAA series got canceled so it was hard for me to even think about going back to 480p with horrible aliasing on the PS2. Started playing NCAA Football 10 on the PS2 emulator at 8Xs resolution on a 32" monitor and the experience has been amazing.

I honestly would prefer to play '06 but I would miss like crazy using square and the right stick to choose an audible while staying in the same formation. I don't think '06 had this feature.

My biggest gripe with 9-11 games is the crappy pass blocking and jump the snap. The OL can do some really dumb things sometimes I wish the Offense had an AWR slider like the defense does.
Might I ask what settings you use for NCAA Football if you're using PCSX2?
Old 08-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #38
Rookie

NCAA 08 was the only game I ever returned. Took me 2 weeks to figure out it was unfixable with sliders. Worst of the whole series imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »