Home

Have you ever gone into a game secretly hoping to loose?

This is a discussion on Have you ever gone into a game secretly hoping to loose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2018, 04:47 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Have you ever gone into a game secretly hoping to loose?

I hate losing, but I do rebuild dynasties and have taught myself not to care about it. It makes it really nice to struggle honestly.

As for improving recruiting classes, you can do so with Skulletor's version of the DB Editor. He has a feature that makes the recruiting classes more realistic with some freshmen coming in that will start immediately, that way you don't have the best teams able to redshirt everybody. I know the top recruit in this year's class is coming in as a 99 overall, which is rare.

There's usually one or two in the low 90s and then a few more in the high 80s and then everything else is like normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only once. I took over UMASS and lead them to an undefeated season. We didn't beat anyone big but we beat the teams on our schedule. At the end of the year pretty much every team in front of us lost. We moved up to #2 in the BCS and got paired against UGA. We were playing against Fromm as a senior and the rest of their studs. I was basically throwing 5 yard routes to my 1 quality WR and living off my QBs ability to scramble on the other plays. I wanted to lose only because it felt cheap playing in the championship game. I knew we didnt belong and somehow it would cheapen winning a championship if I was able to pull off the upset. I didn't feel like I had earned it yet. Well UGA made sure to blow my doors off. I dont know if we stopped them the entire game. We did hit a few long bombs against agressive man to man but that was about it. We got demolished and it felt damn good.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #27
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorslim
Only once. I took over UMASS and lead them to an undefeated season. We didn't beat anyone big but we beat the teams on our schedule. At the end of the year pretty much every team in front of us lost. We moved up to #2 in the BCS and got paired against UGA. We were playing against Fromm as a senior and the rest of their studs. I was basically throwing 5 yard routes to my 1 quality WR and living off my QBs ability to scramble on the other plays. I wanted to lose only because it felt cheap playing in the championship game. I knew we didnt belong and somehow it would cheapen winning a championship if I was able to pull off the upset. I didn't feel like I had earned it yet. Well UGA made sure to blow my doors off. I dont know if we stopped them the entire game. We did hit a few long bombs against agressive man to man but that was about it. We got demolished and it felt damn good.
These are honestly the type of games that can ruin a dynasty experience if you win them. A win that is so far fetched, and so cheap, it goes beyond the "miracle upset" to just "oh come on" lol

As everyone here says, losing can actually be important to keep you going. I was actually thrilled to lose my first national championship appearance.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
These are honestly the type of games that can ruin a dynasty experience if you win them. A win that is so far fetched, and so cheap, it goes beyond the "miracle upset" to just "oh come on" lol

As everyone here says, losing can actually be important to keep you going. I was actually thrilled to lose my first national championship appearance.

I wholeheartedly agree. I want to take my dynasty to a different place because in all my dynasties it’s only taken a few years to get to championship contender. I want to prolong my rise as much as I can. I’ve had a few regular season upsets but most of the time those teams end up not being very good at the end anyway.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #29
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

I agree winning a championship to early really kills a dynasty. I like to build my team up and win a championship and then I like to have a let down year. the let down year is really critical for me. it lets me know that I have to keep earning championships. my last dynasty when I took over ohio state they were mid 90s and we went and lost the championship the next year we were higher mid 90s and won and had an undefeated season. I was kinda worried because I cruised through 2 years with only 2 losses. but I felt better my 3rd year when I had a few starters move on and we dropped a couple points to lower mid 90s and I lost 3 games during the year. those losses assured me that I had to rebuild my team.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:41 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
I agree winning a championship to early really kills a dynasty. I like to build my team up and win a championship and then I like to have a let down year. the let down year is really critical for me. it lets me know that I have to keep earning championships. my last dynasty when I took over ohio state they were mid 90s and we went and lost the championship the next year we were higher mid 90s and won and had an undefeated season. I was kinda worried because I cruised through 2 years with only 2 losses. but I felt better my 3rd year when I had a few starters move on and we dropped a couple points to lower mid 90s and I lost 3 games during the year. those losses assured me that I had to rebuild my team.

I find that I usually win a championship with a junior quarterback, compete for one the next year, and then when the quarterback leaves I struggle a bit. It usually happens where I’ll have a running back and great quarterback who come in and leave together.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:47 PM   #31
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

my next game is a game that I secretly hope to loose. I am in my first year with Oklahoma and have a 95 offense and 95 defense. I am 7-0 play at #2 iowa state who is 95 offense and 95 defense. I understand if I won since were evenly matched but being at their place it would be great if they won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #32
Rookie

I have been tweaking slider sets, house rules, recruiting rules etc, so I didn’t have to wish I would lose but it would happen legitly....I think I found a very enjoyable combo....5 seasons with eastern Michigan and it produced a pretty interesting ebb and flow as mentioned earlier
Season 1 - ended up 7-5, bowl game
Season 2 - ended up 11-1, lost NC to Oklahoma by 28 points
Season 3 - scratched and clawed to 6-6, had a 4 game losing streak ( lost almost all my starters from the year before and because of recruiting rules and the nature of eastern Michigan couldn’t just reload )
Season 4 - ended up 10-2, with a couple of blowout victories, and tight victories like 10-7 against rival western Michigan
Season 5 - ended up 13-0 and winning NC against Iowa by 10 points

All in all this game provides such a different game play and it is like every game plays differently no matter the opponent. You never know what you will get, hence why this game will always trump madden in my eyes!

Can’t wait to start a new dynasty and begin tracking it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »