Home

NCAA Football - RTG position at a small school?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football - RTG position at a small school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
NCAA Football - RTG position at a small school?

Was gonna start a RTG but go to a small conference school and see if I can carry some small conference team to the top of the rankings. QB is obvious to do this, but are there any other positions you would recommend? I tried WR and its frustrating when you don't get targets even when open, RB was fine for me overall, and I haven't tried defense yet in this version (I did safety in the past which was p good).

Anyone here do RTG at a small school? Was it as good as doing it as a Power 5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football - RTG position at a small school?

I had one as a running back at Tulane. Don’t think I saw the field my freshman year outside of kickoffs, sophomore year I had around 75 carries while the starter was out. Junior and senior year I was the full time starter, my junior year we finished 8-5 with a bowl loss. Senior year we finished 11-2 with a loss in the Orange Bowl. My player finished with around 1700 rushing yards and 18 TDs, and 400 or so receiving yards and 5 TDs there. So regarding your original question, a lot of it hinges on play calling and getting the ball in your players hands. Which is of course harder to do when you’re not playing as the quarterback

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 10-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
Pro

nyqua's Arena

Yeah I think I'll just make a QB. I'll have to download the newest rosters and see which small teams have the best personnel around me to make my life easier. At Michigan my QB was basically broken having 99 speed but I struggled some games, so I'll see how it goes. Probably look for an air raid system this time.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Not a small school but I made myself a running back at Arizona State. As a freshman, I was mostly a returner and 3rd down back, but was full time my sophomore season and beyond. I think we did okay in my sophomore season, at least enough to make a bowl game. My junior season was a disaster and we missed a bowl game because my quarterback was awful and cost us games. My senior season I think I was able to carry us to a conference championship and major bowl game victory. If you want to go to a small school and go undefeated every year and completely turn them around, then yeah you should probably go QB. But it can be done realistically at any school in different positions.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 10-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
Pro

nyqua's Arena

Nice.

Think I'm going to go to Houston, SMU or FAU. Have Pistol/Shotgun concepts, solid recruiting areas, nice WR groups overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »