Home

When Will It Come Back

This is a discussion on When Will It Come Back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: When Will It Come Back

This is most fact I found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #26
Rookie

For Gridiron Champions to be successful, it will need the most kick *** teambuilder website ever. What is so great about the NCAA games is the college atmosphere. You need stadiums that are identical, mascots, cheerleaders, bowl games, the small pieces that can make uniforms special, etc.

Not sure if they could get away with this, but honestly they should design every team, stadium, etc and release it on a teambuilder type website for free. Maybe try to make it look like their company didn't do it. You see how long it takes the team on this site to just complete the rosters. Imagine having to design 130 teams, then doing the rosters from scratch. I am not sure even this site would be up for it unless it is a very easy and advanced teambuilder site.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWCoog24
For Gridiron Champions to be successful, it will need the most kick *** teambuilder website ever. What is so great about the NCAA games is the college atmosphere. You need stadiums that are identical, mascots, cheerleaders, bowl games, the small pieces that can make uniforms special, etc.

Not sure if they could get away with this, but honestly they should design every team, stadium, etc and release it on a teambuilder type website for free. Maybe try to make it look like their company didn't do it. You see how long it takes the team on this site to just complete the rosters. Imagine having to design 130 teams, then doing the rosters from scratch. I am not sure even this site would be up for it unless it is a very easy and advanced teambuilder site.
This is an awesome idea, but think of how many people could pitch in and help with the guys that do the rosters now. There could be a group of people doing stadiums, group of people doing uniforms, etc.

I doubt GChamp will have real life teams available even on their website as they dont have the licensing for it. But even if they have an awesome team builder website, they should have it like 2k where you can search for a gamertag to download their creative stuff.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:

It would just need to be like the teambuilders for NCAA where you can download other people's teams and all. Within just a few days of release, and maybe sooner, there would be every FBS (and likely FCS) team replicated by someone. You would need to be able to preview before download (like you can with teambuilder), to make sure you're getting one that's a replica of the team/stadium and not someone who takes creative liberties with the aspects; however, there are always die hard fans trying to make it as realistic as possible, so I don't see that as an issue. The only real issue would be roster bias by the creator, not a biggie in my mind.

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
It would just need to be like the teambuilders for NCAA where you can download other people's teams and all. Within just a few days of release, and maybe sooner, there would be every FBS (and likely FCS) team replicated by someone. You would need to be able to preview before download (like you can with teambuilder), to make sure you're getting one that's a replica of the team/stadium and not someone who takes creative liberties with the aspects; however, there are always die hard fans trying to make it as realistic as possible, so I don't see that as an issue. The only real issue would be roster bias by the creator, not a biggie in my mind.
To piggy back off of this, the roster guys here would still make the rosters I'd assume and other duties could be downloaded by other diehard fans.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19

True, but I like things being uniform! Previewing will be important because some will just be lazy with it, others may do strong details for rosters and not stadium or vice versa. I am sure this site will make an attempt at doing something legit if the game is any good.

Another question will there be enough diehards to spend $60 on the game. An average fan may never know about the real schools being available and just see it as a knock out college game with fake schools.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #31
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
True, but I like things being uniform! Previewing will be important because some will just be lazy with it, others may do strong details for rosters and not stadium or vice versa. I am sure this site will make an attempt at doing something legit if the game is any good.

Another question will there be enough diehards to spend $60 on the game. An average fan may never know about the real schools being available and just see it as a knock out college game with fake schools.
I personally think GC will never make it to production, but if it does I will gladly spend the $60. Even if it has some big shortcomings, it will be more of an investment in a hopeful future. Even if that means the future is another game (like EA seeing the success of it and jumping back in). I, however, don't think it will happen, at least not through GC. Their operation seems to be weak at best.

Anyway, end of my off topic rant.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

It isn't just about spending $60 on the game, but doing so on an annual or so basis. Most of us bought NCAA Football every year because the stadiums and teams were all in the game with updated rosters. You are going to have to rebuild your game (teams, stadiums, etc) with every version unless they offer a conversion / upgrade program. I think you'll see most people using a game release for about 5 seasons before upgrading to the latest and greatest. Even if schools are available online, someone will have to upgrade the rosters, which works for Georgia but probably doesn't for Georgia State.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »