Home

NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018?

I only have a very rough knowledge of the conferences, the teams in each, etc. I do have the 2018 schedule I want to throw into a Dynasty but I imagine that works best if you actually take the time to realign the conferences, or am I wrong? How about Bowl Tie-Ins, should those be changed somehow as well? As I said, I just don't know enough about those intricacies of NCAA Football.

So is there some way to set up the game so that it fully updates to today? Or are there too many new teams and alignments? Is it better to just leave the conferences as they were in 2013? And then in that case, is it better to just leave the schedule however it comes up in the game?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 10-22-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 14 (360) - Setting up for 2018?

If you want the conferences up to date, you need to make the changes listed from 2014 through 2018

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ent-guide.html
Old 10-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
If you want the conferences up to date, you need to make the changes listed from 2014 through 2018

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ent-guide.html
Thanks! I just don't know enough about these details to be accurate.
I just need to know if you can use the 2018 schedule file with that but I'll ask there.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Yeah you can definitely make all of the conference changes to reflect the 2018 season! You just have to make the adjustments during the preseason menu. You also wont have any of the new teams such as App St., Liberty and so on unless you download them through the teambuilder (which I think is shut down now, unfortunately). However, I believe there might be some errors when using teambuilder teams in dynasty mode anyway, but I may be wrong about that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2018, 10:02 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
Yeah you can definitely make all of the conference changes to reflect the 2018 season! You just have to make the adjustments during the preseason menu.
Ok, would've been really easy in the editor. That's alright

Quote:
You also wont have any of the new teams such as App St., Liberty and so on unless you download them through the teambuilder (which I think is shut down now, unfortunately).
I don't know what teambuilder is, I imagine it was some EA service at the time the game was released for sharing teams made in the game?

Anyway, it's fine, I don't need all the new teams, but I do feel that with NCAA Football, it's not like Major League sports, how the divisions are aligned really makes a difference in how the season plays out. A few missing teams doesn't matter but I would like to have the 2018 schedule. So that file someone made can be added as far as you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Ok, would've been really easy in the editor. That's alright

I don't know what teambuilder is, I imagine it was some EA service at the time the game was released for sharing teams made in the game?

Anyway, it's fine, I don't need all the new teams, but I do feel that with NCAA Football, it's not like Major League sports, how the divisions are aligned really makes a difference in how the season plays out. A few missing teams doesn't matter but I would like to have the 2018 schedule. So that file someone made can be added as far as you know?
Which one? The 2018 schedule file?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Which one? The 2018 schedule file?
Yeah, that one. I imagine the shifting around of teams in conferences is in some way affected by the schedules being up to date. I mean, it can only benefit the realignments to have a schedule that reflects that, no?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 10-22-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Yeah, that one. I imagine the shifting around of teams in conferences is in some way affected by the schedules being up to date. I mean, it can only benefit the realignments to have a schedule that reflects that, no?
I'm sure you can make the conference changes in the editor if that's what you're planning on doing. But if it were me I would make the adjustments during the dynasty setup menu, then import the schedule file once you get into preseason. If you follow the link below, I posted a detailed step by step process to import the schedule file if you need help doing it.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...xbox360-3.html (Post #18)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »