Home

Best NCAA Video Game of All-Time

This is a discussion on Best NCAA Video Game of All-Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best NCAA Video Game of All-Time

By far it is NCAA 08 for me. Here's why:

Campus Legend: Pick your major and have "classes" and must keep GPA up otherwise you can get suspended. You also have tests and can choose what to do in your free time. Also, you have your own dorm room. All of this is way better than 14 when you can only play the games and upgrade your player.

Dynasty: First year of pre-season recruiting, custom schedules, and pre-season summer training. Also, they have the ability to make your own pitch to recruits, you can make promises such as certain jersey number or position, and have the ability for recruits to talk to famous alumni of your school.

What is your favorite NCAA game of all time and what are the best features about it? I'll update the OP with tallies!

NCAA 08: 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
Pro

parent22's Arena

Re: Best NCAA Video Game of All-Time

To me NCAA 14, the gameplay and graphics are just so much better than any other game in my opinion. Plus updated rosters, I really like the recruiting and playbooks in dynasty, and the modding side of it too.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Banned

Road To Glory mode I like 07

Dynasty mode I'm between 12 and 14

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I've always been a dynasty guy, and never got deep into RTG.

Personally, I like 14 the best. I feel the gameplay is the smoothest and closest to what we see in current day. I love the custom conferences and tie in's. The teambuilder aspect seals the deal, however since that has gone down, it's not as important.

12 is a VERY close #2. The gameplay is a smidge behind, but made up for by the more in depth recruiting. 12-14 have pretty much the same equipment options, and are closest to what we see in current day to keep realism alive.

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I've always been a dynasty guy, and never got deep into RTG.

Personally, I like 14 the best. I feel the gameplay is the smoothest and closest to what we see in current day. I love the custom conferences and tie in's. The teambuilder aspect seals the deal, however since that has gone down, it's not as important.

12 is a VERY close #2. The gameplay is a smidge behind, but made up for by the more in depth recruiting. 12-14 have pretty much the same equipment options, and are closest to what we see in current day to keep realism alive.
100% agree recruiting is better in 12 than 14

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 12:21 AM   #6
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan01
By far it is NCAA 08 for me. Here's why:

Campus Legend: Pick your major and have "classes" and must keep GPA up otherwise you can get suspended. You also have tests and can choose what to do in your free time. Also, you have your own dorm room. All of this is way better than 14 when you can only play the games and upgrade your player.

Dynasty: First year of pre-season recruiting, custom schedules, and pre-season summer training. Also, they have the ability to make your own pitch to recruits, you can make promises such as certain jersey number or position, and have the ability for recruits to talk to famous alumni of your school.

What is your favorite NCAA game of all time and what are the best features about it? I'll update the OP with tallies!

NCAA 08: 1
I loved 08 for the very reasons you mentioned plus IIRC the playbooks were really fun to use. I remember having some pretty cool option plays and the pitches on PS2 just being really fun. I was more of a campus legend guy at that time and hardly touched dynasty, but I do remember often creating a team and using them for a season in a dynasty. Wasn't as good as Teambuilder but was still really fun.

With that said I really can't tell you which one I think the best is. It's been so long since I've played anything other than 14. I do wish they would have kept some of the features from past games in 14 (campus legend most of all) and if they did I feel the game would be untouchable.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 11-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLASFan
100% agree recruiting is better in 12 than 14

What is better about recruiting in 12 than 14? If I remember they have relatively the same features as 12 was when everything was brought in the first time.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan01
What is better about recruiting in 12 than 14? If I remember they have relatively the same features as 12 was when everything was brought in the first time.
12 didn't have recruiting points I just like 12 recruiting system coz you get to have a conversation with the prospects

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »