Home

Dynasty User Meh Period

This is a discussion on Dynasty User Meh Period within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty User Meh Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
There's always stories to be made by the user, it's key for situations where you're bored with success. I have an "NCAA investigation" coming my way too right now, just for example.

Like the guy who asked OS for help on his playoff selection, it would really spice up this NCAA investigation idea to form a committee here on OS to make disciplinary decisions for each others' universes. Other than telling the committee which player and what they did, it would be out of your hands entirely, adding to the realism and immersion.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #18
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Like the guy who asked OS for help on his playoff selection, it would really spice up this NCAA investigation idea to form a committee here on OS to make disciplinary decisions for each others' universes. Other than telling the committee which player and what they did, it would be out of your hands entirely, adding to the realism and immersion.
That's an excellent idea, and I'm using it. Once my "investigation" is complete, I will post the "findings" on here (along with what house rule I broke) and make a poll to have guys on here help decide the punishment... if there is one

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Instead of the thought process of "how much more is left to do?" look at it the other way, how do you overcome obstacles to maintain it? It's not always about going up, it's much more fun to have obstacles to even maintain success. It's more fun to fall off and try to regain that glory.

For you, does the QB keep his cool and keep performing on his way to a heisman and the NFL, or does he level off? Does the WR do the same, or does something get in his way? Is that QB a redshirt? Because maybe he bolts for the NFL early.

If you never see injuries, lower all the injury ratings on guys by 15-30. You'll actually see injuries, and it creates big stories. Good sliders and house rules make it harder to get title after title (I finally found JKit's set, huge help).

I had 8 straight conference titles, back-to-back national championships, and a 43 game winning streak. I finally dropped 3 games in 2023, finished 10-3 and missed the conference title game for the first time in 8 years. It was my first season with multiple losses since like 2016 I think. In that time:

-4 starting QB's in 4 years, two of which left early for the NFL (and left me REALLY screwed for my following season). Technically 5 since there was a controversy all through 2023.

-strong, young RB duo that could dominate college football for years if they stay healthy

-AA caliber WR 5* recruit, but injury prone.

-My #2 RB has never eclipsed 1000 yards in a season because he always gets hurt. He missed 6 weeks in his sophomore campaign, got injured on like his 5th carry in the bowl game. He also missed a few freshman year I don't recall. #1 has also missed at least 1 game each season but has back to back 1k years. Can they stay healthy in their junior year?

-Star WR went down with a torn muscle in his back, ending his junior campaign. Missed 1000 yards for the first time. Can he rebound in his senior season and show he's still NFL ready?

-Had a QB battle last year and neither really emerged. Both now sophomore guys, will one show he can actually get the ball to his receivers effectively? I've got basically a full receiving corps of gamebreakers, but only one guy made 60 catches last year because the QB's couldn't come through.

There's always stories to be made by the user, it's key for situations where you're bored with success. I have an "NCAA investigation" coming my way too right now, just for example.
I kind of look at it like the true offseason. I have do all of my own team's edits (equipment, ratings for stamina and injury and overall by random number based offseason-- @Hellisan---then do the recruiting class for the top 10 teams from the previous season (+5 ovr for all true freshman) and even keep the stats and everything on spreadsheets and publisher files w/ images and everything, almost like a small media guide except its from the prior season. Then set up my own recruiting board.

By the time i get to actually play games it usually is about 3-4 days since i don't have much time w/ a 7 month old now, so in between seasons i try to get as much done as possible, so when i get into the season it actually feels fresh and exciting to get back into it to see if those young guys can build on their previous season or see if low rated freshman that are now seniors w/ good work ethic can break the 2-deep. Keeps things interesting....for me at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »