Home

so frustrated with sliders.......

This is a discussion on so frustrated with sliders....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Why should I have to handicap my good D?

I just hate that I HAVE TO handicap my defense in order for the cpu offense to do anything. If that's the case what's the point of fielding a good defense when you will lower the sliders. I was playing with Hellisan's(MaddenMania) CPU Offense vs. Human Defense for 'coach mode' and ofcourse the Awareness is at 0. I watched my LB in strafe position watch a running back go by him and then turn and chase on multiple occasions. My 2nd year Miss St defense has only 1 player that isn't green on the Matchup Stick and that's one of my DTs. I'm on All-American and 'coach mode' so my experiences will no doubt be different than yours. Also, by reducing the awareness to 0 you effectively tell the cpu to go for the long ball. That's how they get most of their passing yards.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-29-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #10
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: so frustrated with sliders.......

Yeah NoleFan, I have my def awareness at 3 now, and am considering going to 2. I'll never go to 0 though, because I don't want them to be total idiots. My theory is that on carefully lowered defensive sliders, all players will make more mistakes, but exceptional players will still stand out over the rest and be stars. That's my theory anyway.

So much of it is really play calling though. Like if you have some unbeatable defensive play that you found and use it 2 out of every 3 plays, then maybe it's way easy to dominate. But if you wildly vary your defensive calls and don't necessarily pick the best defense for every situation (not necesarily the worst either), by taking more gambles and not relying on your favorite zones, the CPU can move it really well.. even if you haven't totally screwed over your own defensive sliders. Although it seems kind of pointless to play coach mode and to purposely not call the best defense you know for each situation.

Oh, thanks JCribb. Somehow I just didn't pay attention to those new links at the top of the forum.

Last edited by rns; 08-29-2004 at 11:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »