Home

Unstoppable CPU Plays

This is a discussion on Unstoppable CPU Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4
Unstoppable CPU Plays

Which plays do you have the hardest time with? It seems like the CPU has certain go-to plays that work much more than not.

These are the ones I have the toughest time with:

HB Counter out of Shotgun- Always seems to be perfect blocking. Will blow it up once on a while but usually is a good gain.

Read Option- My guys all seem to get sucked in toward whoever doesn't have the ball. Or the QB will become untackleable.

Trips Out Patterns. Complete about 85-90 percent. Every once in a while I can jump it and get a pick. But watch for the backside slant!

Slot WR Corner- This is probably the easiest to defend with a safety. But if you aren't there, the CB or LB will get beat Everytime!

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Unstoppable CPU Plays

I'd take those plays out or maybe just some of them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hate defending the read option because it forces me to play as the Strong Safety (I'm a 4-2-5 guy) on the back's side and defend the QB every play. If I don't, the QB will get at least 15 yards every time.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:48 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

If teams are burning you on the read option, control the end on the side of the running back and don’t move him at the snap. You’ll miss enough for it to not be cheesy but it’ll help.

The CPU runs “stick” a ton. The linebacker covering the tight end always loses.

They also run four verticals and slip screens a lot. I play man on third and long a lot, control the LB so I can get in position to cover the RB on a screen. They do throw floods in there (our route and a go route) which beats man a good bit as well as corner routes. Corner routes are really hard to defend. Even with buzz zones they often play too shallow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »