Home

The Fatigue Off Thread

This is a discussion on The Fatigue Off Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #17
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Fatigue Off Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
My experience with Coaching Trees:

With sliders - imperative to have them OFF.

At default (or near) - imperative to have them ON. Since going back to default, it really magnifies the impact of the coaching trees, both the USER's and CPU's. WRs really struggle to catch passes with an OC that doesn't have the WR perks. That's one of the most notable, but you can feel it in all areas. The defensive line is another big one. If you're DC is a Level 1, you will have a noticeably harder time getting a pass rush and stopping the run, until you reach those perks. And turnovers - another big one. It's a ways up there on the DC tree, as it should be, so that big difference not only feels realistic when achieved through the coach building up or a bigger name coming in, but also feels very rewarding. To go years struggling to get turnovers, your coaches and players (hopefully) getting better all the while, and then when you've built your team and staff up, and then all of a sudden that next year you notice your boys are starting to look like all those other defenses you've been going up against. And that feels awesome.
A very interesting point here. I don't think I've played with empty trees before using sliders. If I recall, I first emptied them when I was using Matt10's, but I'm not sure. I would have to go back and look. The closest I came to empty trees on default is near the beginning of my dynasty. By the time I went to sliders, the trees were fairly full and I was cruising. I may have to go back at some point and test this.

From my experience, the biggest factor on drops is the in game coaching adjustment. I set my guys to focus on the catch, and they rarely have drops. On default, they have a good amount of drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Just played my first game on default heisman with fatigue off and I really like what’s going on here.... the only real complaint I have is completion percentage. I may tinker with lowering the QB Accuracy stat for each quarterback and see if that changes anything. Fun game. I played as Purdue against Cincy. Went to their place and won 35-28. Struggled to run the ball. They ran pretty well. I made a stop in the 4th quarter then scored with 4:30 to go to take the lead and they fumbled on the 5 yard line with 45 seconds left in the game so I won!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm going to agree that you need to give it 2-4 games to really test. From my experience, the QB accuracy slider is not exactly sensitive. Everything above 10 accuracy, the QB is on fire. At 5, however, it can be sporadic if you don't develop a rhythm.

For example, at 10 I could complete 80-90% of passes, and incompletions were because of poor decisions. Nothing was off target. At 5, I definitely have off target passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
So since this is the fatigue off thread, I figure I’d ask if anyone has tried anything like this.. I just want to limit the editing pregame time of putting in things like formation subs for the CPU and whatnot, not to mention I do like seeing guys on my squad come in due to fatigue to get them some game time. With that said, has anyone tried something like going fatigue on for the first/third quarters and then off for the second/fourth quarters? Cause I mean the idea would really be to try and keep the CPU competitive at the ends of the half and the game, while still seeing some subs earlier on. Thoughts?
I agree with Tuscaloosa in the sense that it's more about the challenge and less about the realism. Auto subs don't work for crap as it is. With fatigue on, I've seen a vast amount of opponents only get carries to their #1 RB anyway. So turning it off had very little effect on my final stats.

I'd rather have a tougher game and them only use RB #1, than a blowout win just to make sure their subs come in. They'll get their stats in the other 11 games the CPU plays lol.

I know you're in a bit of a different situation, since you post each game and people watch it. I'd stick to making their formation subs for them in your case.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #18
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Of the three "main" set ups - Matt10/Community, Jkits, and Default Heisman; which of those in you guy's opinion defends the read option the best?
Old 12-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
Of the three "main" set ups - Matt10/Community, Jkits, and Default Heisman; which of those in you guy's opinion defends the read option the best?

By defense, do you mean user or CPU?

In my experience the cpu is terrible at stopping it no matter what. That’s why I don’t allow myself to use it much and only recruit passing Qbs (much slower)

As a user, I find you have to kinda load the box to stop it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
From the perspective of the USER running it, Default is the only one that I've played under in which the CPU can contain you. I've been flat out stopped, several times, by truly elite defenses (95+). When the D you are facing isn't elite, you can certainly still put up big numbers, which is not only reasonable but also not really a problem with fatigue off, because the CPU offense is able to keep up and compete. I no longer limit myself in running it, at all. I used to limit it with other sets.

Though, it should be noted, I'm still building up my team, 4 star program, ratings hovering in the B-/B range. When I get them built up, it very well could get nasty. Though at that point, IMO, it should. It's taken me years just to get the program where it is now lol.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 12-14-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
With fatigue off, the run game opens a lot for user and CPU. That's why with my tweaks, as someone who uses the Read at least once or twice a drive, I find it imperative to use these (or atleast they work for me):

RB Ability: 40-40
Run Block: 5-25
Rush D: 5-25
Tackle: 30-30

I can have big runs with them, and even reading perfectly, I can get straight-up stopped in my tracks for a loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
A very interesting point here. I don't think I've played with empty trees before using sliders. If I recall, I first emptied them when I was using Matt10's, but I'm not sure. I would have to go back and look. The closest I came to empty trees on default is near the beginning of my dynasty. By the time I went to sliders, the trees were fairly full and I was cruising. I may have to go back at some point and test this.

From my experience, the biggest factor on drops is the in game coaching adjustment. I set my guys to focus on the catch, and they rarely have drops. On default, they have a good amount of drops.

I'm going to agree that you need to give it 2-4 games to really test. From my experience, the QB accuracy slider is not exactly sensitive. Everything above 10 accuracy, the QB is on fire. At 5, however, it can be sporadic if you don't develop a rhythm.

For example, at 10 I could complete 80-90% of passes, and incompletions were because of poor decisions. Nothing was off target. At 5, I definitely have off target passes.
Ahhh, I've never used the in-game adjustments, apart from conservative clock.

What's interesting about the QBA slider on default 50, as the USER, my QB (non-elite passer, mind you) usually has a couple errant throws per game. Using sliders, like yourself, I don't think I ever had any with the slider at 10 or higher. This is one of those things, along with the QBA slider effect on interceptions, that almost confirms, in my mind, sliders impacting other aspects of the game and not just the one they are labeled as.

That said, I've never really been able to get the CPU to have errant throws or go less than 85% with the slider on anything above 0, on any settings/sliders. Unfortunately, at 0, they miss at a ridiculous rate. This is why I leave everything at 50. I can't really seem to be able to get the CPU QB to not be a beast, and I don't want to impact other sliders. I'm hoping that once I get my D built up to an elite level, I'll be able to rattle the CPU QB with an intense pass rush and possibly see some different results from them. Until then, I'm content with the percentages, and what little incompletions there are coming from interceptions, deflections, and drops.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 12-14-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

I also wonder how many people actually go into the coach specifics during the game and realize without their doing, pass coverage always seems to be set to "conservative" (short pass read) lol. I always make sure to turn it back to balanced.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:42 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I also wonder how many people actually go into the coach specifics during the game and realize without their doing, pass coverage always seems to be set to "conservative" (short pass read) lol. I always make sure to turn it back to balanced.
lol I've caught that a time or two. I remember thinking "wth, did some assistant make that call while I super-simmed and extra point or something?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »