Home

The Fatigue Off Thread

This is a discussion on The Fatigue Off Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #33
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Fatigue Off Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becanes
Does that work?
It has for me. I have a whole dynasty thread in that forum if you wanna see box scores and all that. Comeback wins aren't nearly as frequent for me, and I've actually blown leads.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #34
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

I've recently found an old thread with Chedpalooza that recommends switching the aggresiveness setting of all coaches.

I've used it my offline coach mode dynasty and noticed more of a commitment to the run but I stil see a second half fade by the opposing team.

Interesting note, I did have Air Force hang 21 on me in the 4th Quarter in the BCS title game, so I'm wondering if home field ON might have something to do with these 2nd half fades (neutral site for BCS game).

I like the 'fatigue reset' button at the half - I'm going to try this with both teams having fatigue off for the first series of the second half.

Hopefully we get closer to Utopia.

Last edited by Trojan32; 12-17-2018 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
My settings are as follows:

Sliders: JKit's
Quarter length: 9 minutes
Fatigue: OFF
HFA: OFF for home games, ON for away games

House Rules

General
-Coaching trees rem

ain empty, except for the recruiting tree
-No custom playbooks
-Injury ratings adjustments (QB/RB/WR/TE -15, defense -25)

Recruiting/Roster Management
-5* recruits are to start at their given position
-4* and JUCO cannot be redshirted
-45 players on the roster must be from CA (school location)
-Max recruits of graduating seniors +3
-Cannot convince RS Jr to stay if they declare
-Cannot convince any player projected 3rd round or higher to stay
-Accept all transfers
-May only convince a player not to transfer if they will start

In Game
-Max of 5 read options a game
-Can't run any specific play more than 3 times in a game
-4th downs can only be attempted if trailing in the 4th, or its 4th and 1 or less in "no man's land" (too short for a punt, but too long for a FG. This depends on your kicker's range, my current no man's land is between opponent 30-40)
-No guess play on defense

For injury rating adjustment, do you readjust each year because players get a small boast every off season? Or do you apply this for all freshman and don't touch it again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
For injury rating adjustment, do you readjust each year because players get a small boast every off season? Or do you apply this for all freshman and don't touch it again?
SB might do it differently and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most of us do the adjustments for every player upon taking over the team, and then only freshman after that. Players gain minimal injury points in the off-season; no need to adjust everyone, every year. In fact, I would consider it more realistic not to reset every year, in order to reflect training and conditioning.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #37
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

There is one drawback to fatigue off that I have noticed. CPU players are absurdly fast sometimes. An 84 speed fullback broke away for a 75 yard TD on me, no one on the defense was even close, he pulled away from a few guys with speed in the mid-high 90's, including a 97 speed corner. He just pulled away from everyone with ease. I only seem to see issues like that with fatigue off. I'm still deciding if it's enough of an issue to be a dealbreaker for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Excellent question. I honestly never even thought about the fact they get a bump in it each year. So, I guess the answer is I just edit it once as they come in lol.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
There is one drawback to fatigue off that I have noticed. CPU players are absurdly fast sometimes. An 84 speed fullback broke away for a 75 yard TD on me, no one on the defense was even close, he pulled away from a few guys with speed in the mid-high 90's, including a 97 speed corner. He just pulled away from everyone with ease. I only seem to see issues like that with fatigue off. I'm still deciding if it's enough of an issue to be a dealbreaker for me.
Well, the CPU RBA on Kits' set is 90, so... That combined with a 52 on thresh will probably lead to backs being the fastest people on the field, when they have the ball.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #39
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Well, the CPU RBA on Kits' set is 90, so... That combined with a 52 on thresh will probably lead to backs being the fastest people on the field, when they have the ball.
That's a fair point, I think the same FB broke a similar run against me the previous season now that I think of it. I recall having a similar issue when I used Matt10's with fatigue off too. I don't recall what the RB ability is on his set.

It's kind of a toss up if it has to due with fatigue off, or if its just typical EA 4th quarter BS lol.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

Thanks. That sounds much simpler than my method in this post. My research shows that RB is the most injury prone position in football, and other positions get injuries at the same rate roughly.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=120

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »