Home

Two Great RB's. What Would You Do?

This is a discussion on Two Great RB's. What Would You Do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Two Great RB's. What Would You Do?

So, my Minnesota dynasty is in year 3. I now have two great RB's. The one that is in his second year is a beast. He has set records already in rushing yards and TDs. The second one is faster and more acceleration but not by much. What would you guys do? I use the Texas A&M playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Two Great RB's. What Would You Do?

I would consider running the faster back as a slot receiver to get him in space and maybe a token carry here or there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Formation sub them in different packages as well. 60-40 on carries is how I manage a two-back system. I keep the one who was there first as starter. Place the other in different packages throughout playbook along with the first one. Then, each quarter, sub them back and forth as starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
Pro

If I put the faster one in at slot WR, will his overall go down? Or will his awareness go down also? Will it affect him that much in a bad way?
Old 12-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
If I put the faster one in at slot WR, will his overall go down? Or will his awareness go down also? Will it affect him that much in a bad way?
It may go down, but to be realistic. Id set his AWR 10-15 points from his original instead of it being like 56 because of the switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #6
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Triple option
Old 12-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Don't change positions, use him. If your goal is realism, they split carries. Perhaps the established guy is your workhorse, but the other guy gets a good amount of reps.

I have a similar situation. A Jr and Rs-Jr both over 90 overall or right around it. RB #1 has great trucking and 89 speed. RB #2 has a better spin move and blazing speed. RB #1 gets roughly 15-20 carries in a game. RB #2 usually gets 10-15. Both would have been 1000 yard backs each of the past two years, but RB #2 keeps getting hurt.

Use formation subs to give RB #2 about 25-35% of the formations. Or sub him into certain formations on the fly (I think right stick for this in play calling, toggle over to "spell RB"). Maybe sub in RB #2 if you want to run outside, or maybe sub him into pass formation if he's got decent hands.

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #8
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Splitting carries is best. Maybe add a few formations that gets both on the field at the same time. All the shotgun split sets are phenomenal or if you’re more of an under center guy and you have a decent third back I’d go Wishbone. Put your best power guy at fullback if you don’t have a good one and spread the ball around. If you have a good fullback it makes it even easier.
NBA-Sonics :'(

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »