Home

Home Field Advantage or Not?

This is a discussion on Home Field Advantage or Not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you turn HFA ON or OFF?
ON 254 76.51%
OFF 78 23.49%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2004, 03:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Home Field Advantage or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
On. Why in the world would you want to disable HFA when it's one of the best additions this year. It's not overdone, look at real college football, HFA is huge in college. I think the people who want this off are just doing themselves a huge disservice in realism in an attempt to make their game play easier not to mention watering down the atmosphere.
Your crazy
I mean, I see your points but HFA is not done right in 2005. It needs tweaking, big time!! It ruins the game, it does not make it better!
I love the idea but it needs to be worked on. Honestly, 2005 is the same game as 2004 just w/ HFA. They (EA) need to re-vamp the entire series & Madden too because they keep putting out the same product under the guise of a new year & some small albeit good features. Just not enough to warrant me plunking down another $40-50 bucks every 11 months.
I just hope SEGA/ESPN make a college FB game next year. 2k5 blows away Madden so I can only imagine what a CFB game would be like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant718
Your crazy
I mean, I see your points but HFA is not done right in 2005. It needs tweaking, big time!! It ruins the game, it does not make it better!
How does it ruin it? I completely disagree.

Quote:
I love the idea but it needs to be worked on. Honestly, 2005 is the same game as 2004 just w/ HFA.
2005 is not at all anything like 2004. You can dog on 2005 if you want but please don't use this tired arguement that is completely bogus.

Quote:
They (EA) need to re-vamp the entire series & Madden too because they keep putting out the same product under the guise of a new year & some small albeit good features.
Again, this is opinion on your part so I'll give mine. EA's 2005 games are worlds apart from 2004's. You can say you love or hate EA's 2005 games but I really don't believe the arguement "it's the same old game" at all holds water. 2005 has IMO seen the most huge jump in how a game plays in all EA games that i've ever seen I think from one year to the next. Whether that's good or bad is your own opinion but just saying the games the same as last years is really not only a copout but also evidence you've clearly not given this years games much playing time.

Quote:
Just not enough to warrant me plunking down another $40-50 bucks every 11 months.
Again your money, your call but I don't really believe you've given this years games an honest play.

Quote:
I just hope SEGA/ESPN make a college FB game next year. 2k5 blows away Madden so I can only imagine what a CFB game would be like.
2K5 is good but does not blow Madden away by any means. I don't believe Sega can make a quality College football game. They are stretched rather thin in their NFL game making dept, let alone making yet another football game. Their previous CF games were just plain awful. They should concentrate on getting their NFL game a bit less bug-ridden, cuz lets face it, good or bad, their ESPN 2k5 game is horribly bug ridden, before even attempting a college game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-12-2004, 01:03 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
2K5 is good but does not blow Madden away by any means. I don't believe Sega can make a quality College football game. They are stretched rather thin in their NFL game making dept, let alone making yet another football game. Their previous CF games were just plain awful. They should concentrate on getting their NFL game a bit less bug-ridden, cuz lets face it, good or bad, their ESPN 2k5 game is horribly bug ridden, before even attempting a college game
After thinking about that your right! 2k5 does have bugs that need tweeking but to me its much more fun than Madden & yes IMO it blows Madden away bugs & all! This coming from a die hard Madden player since the C64. Yes, Im old.
Anyway, Maybe im not giving 2005 an honest play. I dunno, To me I see little difference from 2004. I still LOVE the game and HFA is better set to "off" for my taste.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:44 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

I would like to compliment you. So often when people have disagreements they rant and rave at each other. It is refreshing to see people discuss things with an OPEN mind. Very classy !
Old 10-12-2004, 10:44 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
I would like to compliment you. So often when people have disagreements they rant and rave at each other. It is refreshing to see people discuss things with an OPEN mind. Very classy !
If you man me, Thank you. Maybe its my age. LOL
But I read his response & some of his points make pefect sense so I cant bash the guy. I just dont agree w/ some things which is ok.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

you think you're old, i started playing football on those handhelds with red dashes! then i got wise and moved up to atari 2600 realsports football which i played about 100 hours a week for like 2 years i think!!!!!11

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 10-25-2004, 12:05 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
you think you're old, i started playing football on those handhelds with red dashes! then i got wise and moved up to atari 2600 realsports football which i played about 100 hours a week for like 2 years i think!!!!!11
haha. i still have my Mattel Electronic Football (original) in working order! Red dashes & all. LOL!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2004, 11:10 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386

it shouldnt "dip" the composure rating like it currently does...
Yes it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
every player isnt "rattled" b/c the crowd is loud...maybe only the freshman should experience it
Uhh...every player don't get rattled, it *IS* based on experience and their grade level..that's the whole point of composure and the HFA is that upperclassmen handle it better than the young guys.

One note however..if you're playing as some crappy team like FAU @ Florida State then of course even the upperclassmen may be rattled, they're used to playing in small stadiums vs crap teams, not the big, bad Noles with a stadium full of nuts that's 5 times louder than the stadiums they are used to playing at..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »