Home

Home Field Advantage or Not?

This is a discussion on Home Field Advantage or Not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you turn HFA ON or OFF?
ON 254 76.51%
OFF 78 23.49%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Home Field Advantage or Not?

I've read a lot of posts lately that talk about turning HFA due to dropped passes. I've not been playing NCAA at all lately becase of Madden but I'm looking to get back into it. I usually play NCAA and Madden simutaneously just like the real football season. I'll still be using NCAA for draft classes if nothing more but I'd like to know the latest on the HFA and dropped passes issues that seemed to have caused such an up-roar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2004, 08:55 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Home Field Advantage or Not?

I have it on because, to me, the game feels weird without it. I mean, they programmed it to be a huge part of the game so you kinda screw up the game when you turn it off.

Mind you, this is just my $0.02.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

I play with it on. But then again, I'm using the sliders to keep dropped passes from happening too often. So far, I've had games where my WRs drop everything then turn around and have brilliant performances.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 AM   #4
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's also been said that you can leave HFA on, just turn off the camera shake.
I do that. Camera shake is stupid anyway... if you're on the field and the crowd is rocking, you may be able to feel it but I don't think your vision of the field becomes distorted.

Anyway, just Camera Shake off... seems to have helped cut my drops, anywhere from about 20-60% less drops by my estimation. Sometimes I still get like 9 drops recorded... but not 15 like before.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:23 AM   #5
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Leave it on. The feeling you get when you defeat someone on the road is great. Plus, when you learn to pick your plays quickly and call the audible twice, you don't have any problems with players not hearing the play and running the wrong route. You can beat the HFA with regularity if you just work at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 06:36 AM   #6
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

It's better for multi-player.i turn it off not to help with drops but to keep player ratings from fluctuating.With HFA on,you throw a couple incompletions and you have to sub your QB.HFA is a cool idea that has too much impact.It needs to be tuned and tweaked for next year,like the discipline stuff in dynasty.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

I keep it on no matter what. to me it is a really big part of the game in the 2005 and in real life. its realistic to me so even if ive dropped 20 passes or all my ratings are down, i just stick through it.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:06 AM   #8
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

Once again, don't struggle through the drops if that's what you're doing...
Just turn off Camera Shake and you get the improved gameplay, while still having HFA. Seems to have worked for me anyway. Don't expect anything super drastic though... but it's better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »