Home

What Else You Do To Make The Fun/Interest Stay?

This is a discussion on What Else You Do To Make The Fun/Interest Stay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #17
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Else You Do To Make The Fun/Interest Stay?

Had to compress my tracker to a zip file to upload it but it should work now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of 2013 Tracker.zip (42.1 KB, 19 views)
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #18
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Had to compress my tracker to a zip file to upload it but it should work now.
Very cool. How do you use the playcall sheet? I notice you have various plays color coded based on week. Is it that you added those plays to your playbook in those weeks? Or that you weren't able to use them until that week? I like the idea of opening the playbook up more the season goes on, especially if you had a new freshman quarterback or first year starter or something along those lines.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 01-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #19
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Very cool. How do you use the playcall sheet? I notice you have various plays color coded based on week. Is it that you added those plays to your playbook in those weeks? Or that you weren't able to use them until that week? I like the idea of opening the playbook up more the season goes on, especially if you had a new freshman quarterback or first year starter or something along those lines.
I start the season with 50 plays and add 15 every week before I have it opened all up in my bowl game. I try to add plays that I think will help me the most against my upcoming opponent based on my scouting review of them. I can also add a play during the week but I have to burn a timeout before I can “install” it and have yet to resort to that. I’ve had a first year starter every year so far and so I haven’t came up with any rules for a returning starter but I probably won’t change up much.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I start the season with 50 plays and add 15 every week before I have it opened all up in my bowl game. I try to add plays that I think will help me the most against my upcoming opponent based on my scouting review of them. I can also add a play during the week but I have to burn a timeout before I can “install” it and have yet to resort to that. I’ve had a first year starter every year so far and so I haven’t came up with any rules for a returning starter but I probably won’t change up much.
I don't do exactly the same as this but I do love the game planning aspect.

Every week before my game I check out my opponent and I modify my playbook (both offensive and defensive) in order to do whatever I think will be most effective. I also modify it based on who is playing well and injuries etc. And each preseason I start from scratch with just a few sets/concepts and add/modify throughout the season. Pretty similar to what you are doing I guess, but I'm not strict about the number of plays per week etc.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #21

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Yeah, a part of my regimen is "installing" plays before games. I usually go a solid 7 to 10 days between games, so I can usually fit in a 15 to 20 minute practice mode session or two during that time between games.

I'll focus on a particular formation in practice mode in the days leading up to a game, especially if it is one I find myself not using often, then use it a good bit in the game.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 07:25 PM   #22
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Most of the things that keep it interesting for me are long term, not game by game.

I change my playbooks often. I don't do custom as I find its easy to assemble basically a top tier playbook. Usually I'll use a playbook 3-4 years to either coincide with a new OC or a new QB. I'm actually about due to change it again.
It keeps it tough. I limit myself to any play being called roughly 5 times. I can only run 5 read options total as they're easy.

I change up who I use on defense sometimes, but my go-to is the MLB, it's just more fun. I'll use a safety to change it up.

I'll experiment with formation subs to get players on the field. For example, right now I have a RT who is subbed in for every shotgun formation because he has better pass blocking. I've also found a slot receiver who is deceptively fast despite his ratings.

I add storylines too, like I recently got NCAA violations and docked scholarships.

I have house recruiting rules too to keep it tough. The more challenge, the more fun.

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #23

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Most of the things that keep it interesting for me are long term, not game by game.

I change my playbooks often. I don't do custom as I find its easy to assemble basically a top tier playbook. Usually I'll use a playbook 3-4 years to either coincide with a new OC or a new QB. I'm actually about due to change it again.
It keeps it tough. I limit myself to any play being called roughly 5 times. I can only run 5 read options total as they're easy.

I change up who I use on defense sometimes, but my go-to is the MLB, it's just more fun. I'll use a safety to change it up.

I'll experiment with formation subs to get players on the field. For example, right now I have a RT who is subbed in for every shotgun formation because he has better pass blocking. I've also found a slot receiver who is deceptively fast despite his ratings.

I add storylines too, like I recently got NCAA violations and docked scholarships.

I have house recruiting rules too to keep it tough. The more challenge, the more fun.
I do the same as far as playbooks. I try to change it up once every 3 or 4 years. That in itself helps keep things challenging.

Also, the other thing you brought up regarding who to use on defense - For the past several seasons, I allow myself to use any defensive lineman in the first quarter, any linebacker in the second quarter, any defensive back in the third quarter, then any defensive player I want in the fourth quarter.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »