Home

Finding the Right Offensive Playbook

This is a discussion on Finding the Right Offensive Playbook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finding the Right Offensive Playbook

Hey guys,

Besides the obvious “make your own” playbook - just wondering what school’s OFFENSIVE playbooks this community was most fond of? Any category would be fine - most fun, most competitive, etc.

Also wondering if there is a playbook out there that’s a happy balance between Stanford’s (minus the 2x FB sets and more 2x TE sets) and Auburn’s (minus the jet sweeps and so many QB options)?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Finding the Right Offensive Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish2Go
Hey guys,

Besides the obvious “make your own” playbook - just wondering what school’s OFFENSIVE playbooks this community was most fond of? Any category would be fine - most fun, most competitive, etc.

Also wondering if there is a playbook out there that’s a happy balance between Stanford’s (minus the 2x FB sets and more 2x TE sets) and Auburn’s (minus the jet sweeps and so many QB options)?

Thanks!
Been a while since I've used Stanford's, so I can't say for sure how close it would be to Stanford and/or Auburn, but IMO, the best hybrid between a spread and pro style offense would be the Notre Dame playbook. It is labeled as a "Spread", but there are many I-formations, and others, that support the pro style. Makes sense with Kelly's coaching history.

Edit: Just remembered that the Rice playbook is also a great blend of Spread and Pro style.

Also, personal favorites:

Option - Air Force (also has some pro-type sets)
Spread - Auburn, Mississippi State, Rice, Notre Dame
Air Raid - Texas A&M, Houston
Pro - Stanford (checked out this PB for the first time in a while, really solid)
Pistol - Ohio
Spread Option - Oregon, Base Spread Option
Multiple - Not a big fan lol
One Back - Also not a fan of

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 02-16-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

This thread could be of use

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...playbooks.html
Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Sounds like you want a pro style that’s not necessarily run heavy. Check out LSU. Even though it’s considered a pro style play book, there’s a good mix of creative plays from the shotgun formation. Even has a pistol formation. Also, check out Louisville. Once again, has a good balance.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #5
Pro

Georgia’s will have some of what you’re looking for, but it’s really hard to say. I’ve never been able to find a playbook that really suits me.

LSU, Clemson, Florida State, Kentucky maybe. Check those out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 04:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

I really like Air Force option playbook.
Unfortunately it is a bit one dimensional against some defense types. And you know you are in a lot of trouble if the defense stacks the line (which they do, quite often when you use this playbook).

Stanford has been mentioned for a Pro style offense. It is pretty nice for a pro style playbook to modify, and get more variation in your sets.

I would also suggest Arkansas (pro style, but it does not entirely fit what you are looking for)

I use a modded Arkansas Pro style run-heavy no huddle playbook sprinkled with Army Dual back and a twin style goal line setup. It throws the AI off at times with the different run types I use.

I tried to add some of Air Force's fun option runs but they get shut down so fast, I only use them 2-3 times during a game now.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish2Go
Check out the "One Back" playbook for something that I think fits this request.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »