Home

Why do certain games always freeze up?

This is a discussion on Why do certain games always freeze up? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Why do certain games always freeze up?

Why do certain teams' games seem to always freeze? I'm using the editor to try and implement the NY6 and the Playoff, and I was just trying to go in and make sure that things work before I waste my time playing the games, as my team (Pitt) is in the playoff. I was able to test the Pitt vs. Washington matchup and completed the game no problem.

The second game of the playoff is LSU vs. Oklahoma. However, whenever I try to "play" that game (was either going to just watch CPU vs. CPU or Super Sim), it freezes up every single time at the game loading screen, almost instantaneously. I feel like this is an issue with LSU specifically, as I remember wanting to go into an LSU game earlier in the season and having the same problem, thinking it was just isolated to that game. I went into an Oklahoma game no problem earlier in the season, so I don't think the issue is with them.

Has anyone dealt with this or know anyway that I can potentially troubleshoot it or workaround it?

Thanks a million for any thoughts.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why do certain games always freeze up?

Is there a player on LSU with a Heisman face perhaps?
Old 03-19-2019, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Is there a player on LSU with a Heisman face perhaps?
Is a specific number those correspond to? I think the highest numbered face on LSU is 245

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 03-20-2019, 12:20 AM   #4
MVP

moose141's Arena

Also, as a note, I have not used the editor at all during this dynasty.

However, to my knowledge, I believe this issue with LSU existed prior to any editor modifications that I made when implementing the playoff schedule. I say this because I remember 100% freezing when I tried to get into an LSU-Bama matchup earlier in the season, and after a few tries I just ended up simming the game and gave up.

Not sure how much that helps, but just throwing that knowledge out there for what it’s worth.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Check to make sure there are no duplicate player ID's. I think I read about that causing LSU to freeze for somebody else. Or maybe a player on their roster who should have graduated but isn't for some reason? I know I read about this on one of the hundreds of editor threads.

Heisman faces are 100-104 but if you haven't used the editor I don't think you could have those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #6
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Spiderman
Check to make sure there are no duplicate player ID's. I think I read about that causing LSU to freeze for somebody else. Or maybe a player on their roster who should have graduated but isn't for some reason? I know I read about this on one of the hundreds of editor threads.

Heisman faces are 100-104 but if you haven't used the editor I don't think you could have those.
What fields should I be looking at to find the duplicate ID's? I see there's an ID number next to the player's name on the Player Info tab, and at the very end of that tab there is Orig. Player ID, of which I see a couple duplicates between a couple players on LSU and some other schools. However, I don't know that that is necessarily an issue because my Pitt team just for comparison does have I think 2 players with Orig. Player IDs that match someone on another school and I haven't had any problems playing my own games. *knock on wood*

Old 03-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
MVP

moose141's Arena

I think I have found the issue... now the question is can I fix it without breaking everything haha. Basically, LSU is showing to have 71 players, because for some reason a player from Oklahoma State's Player ID grouping is showing his Team as LSU on the Players tab. However, when you look at the Depth Charts on the Team tab, he is showing as Oklahoma State's starting Strong Safety.

I think maybe this guy transferred to Oklahoma State or something? Because googling his name, he was an LSU freshman in what would've been my first season. So I'm not sure, I can probably go back and look at my save files from the end of seasons 1/2, but this issue may have either been present the whole time, or he may have transferred and the game didn't recognize it or something like that.

I'm *hoping* that this means that I can just change his team to Oklahoma State on the Player tabs and that everything will then be able to work. I'll just have to imagine he transferred or something if this ends up fixing things.

Note: After doing some more recon while making this post, this guy has definitely been playing for Oklahoma State all season. His individual game stats on the BDEF unknown tab show the Game # and Week # of all his games, and they line up perfectly with Oklahoma State's Game #'s on the Schedules tab. It's just so weird that he doesn't show on the list of transfers on the TRAN Unknown tab, so I have no idea how he got to their roster.

Here are some screenshots to show you guys what I am seeing if you want to corroborate what I think I can do to fix it.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #8
MVP

moose141's Arena

Yep, turns out that was the issue. I moved Lewis to Oklahoma State entirely and LSU was able to play games. Glad that the editor is around to be able to fix a glitch like that, it's weird that it developed even without me having previously edited anything in the dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »