Home

Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points

This is a discussion on Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Exactly. I'm starting to think that, upon receiving the offer, the recruit is measured against players already on your roster at the given position. For both of the guys that I lost points with, Playing Time was a top 3, but both ratings were really good, with one being an A and the other an A+. I checked the depth chart, and they would be number 2 at their positions, and would start the following year, if they were to sign. And I think that is why I only lost 30-40 bonus points. I feel like in the past that I've lost a lot more upon offering. I'm going to really keep an eye on it in the forthcoming seasons.

It may also have something to do with your recruiting board, if applicable. I was recruiting several WRs because the roster had 8 WRs and 7 were Juniors or Senoirs with a walk-on level freshman. I was recruiting four WRs and hoping to land at least two. I offered the #2 WR on my board who would have started in his first or second year, depending on if I lost a Junior to the draft. After I offered, he locked me out because of a playing time deal breaker.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:06 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Scholarship Offers and Bonus Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
It may also have something to do with your recruiting board, if applicable. I was recruiting several WRs because the roster had 8 WRs and 7 were Juniors or Senoirs with a walk-on level freshman. I was recruiting four WRs and hoping to land at least two. I offered the #2 WR on my board who would have started in his first or second year, depending on if I lost a Junior to the draft. After I offered, he locked me out because of a playing time deal breaker.
It definitely is something else other than, or along with, playing time, perhaps this. I actually just gained BP on a QB with a B- grade in playing time. I just added him, about midway through the season, and scouting revealed him to be 2 OVR points higher than the other 2 QBs I already had on my board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »