Home

I Cant Believe I Just Won This Game!!!!

This is a discussion on I Cant Believe I Just Won This Game!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2004, 02:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I Cant Believe I Just Won This Game!!!!

ok, so i was playing the #250th ranked in the nation, i was #1,400. i was 16-13, he was 59-24. I was Cal, he was Auburn. In Auburn.

so, the first half, i got TORE UP. he went all out in an aerial assult, and took a 24-0 lead. i kept max zoning, cover 3'in, prevents, man to man, double team, but he JUST KEPT ON GETTING CATCHES. so, i score a TD with 6 seconds left in the 1st half, which makes it 24-7 at the half. i FINALLY pick up his game, so what i do is a cover 2 man, and bring back my coverage. after i adjusted, he couldnt pass against my defense, which forced him to run. i stopped him, so he punted. after a 40 yard punt return, i playactioned against his 4-4 blitz, and found a receiver WIDE OPEN for a bomb TD. 24-14. the guy, who was calm earlier, starts gettin a little pissed, and gettin frustrated. after every play, he had a complaint. then, he goes back to the long ball. on his own playaction against my cover 2 man, he goes long on the 1 on 1, he had me BURNT, but he UNDERTHREW it into my hands, Interception. next, was my play, and on 3rd down, i threw a pick of my own, so he gets the ball on my 20 yard line. he throws one in the endzone, it bounces off his receiver, bounces off my helmet, bounces out of his other receiver's hands, and while we are both screaming for the ball, eventually after maybe 6 tips, i PICK IT OFF in the endzone and return it to my 40. so, later on, with about 3:00 left in the 4th, i get a break out 15 yard run into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN. suddenly, its 24-21, Cal Bears creeping from behind the Auburn Tigers. he starts getting PISSED. going, "ok, ok, imma run it out and you cant do nothin". he playaction bombs, and he throws ANOTHER PICK. i start going crazy! so when i get the ball on his 45, i throw a 25 yard pass . . . . . INTERCEPTED TO HIS LINEBACKER. i choked. two picks back to back and he gets the ball back. he runs, i call a timeout with 2:45 left in the 4TH QUARTER, and i save the rest. he keeps runnin, runnin, first down, first down. until he gets to MY 12 yard line. after a run, i call a TO, and its 3rd down. 8 SECONDS LEFT. i have one more timeout, and i am thinking, "ok, joe, i am gonna stop his run, call a TO, he is gonna kick a field goal, and i have to hope for ANOTHER MIRACLE PLAY BY THE CAL BEARS ("the play pt 2") and see if i could return one to the house by a miracle. he goes "i know you're gonna call a timeout, so i am just gonna scramble around until the clock runs out". he starts laughing. What do i do? ZONE BLITZ. i blitzed my two cornerbacks, and my middle linebacker. my linebacker got past the linemen, and was a foot in front of the QB. he panicked, and just threw to a WIDE OPEN receiver in the corner of the endzone. i DRILL HIM as he throws, and the ball pops out of his hand. it sours, and my safety sees it flying. 3,2,1, times hits ZERO . . . . . MY SAFETY GRABS IT!!!! i run down the sideline, clocks run out, receiver chasin me, RB chasin me, his whole team behind me, the receiver misses the tackle at my feet, and i dive into the endzone!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! the CAL BEARS MIRACLE LIVES ON!!!! FIRST "THE PLAY", now "THE PICK" hahahaha

he starts goin, "this is bull****!!!!!! you're cheap! i had it! this game sucks the A.I is horrible where were my linemen?!?!?!?!"hahahahahaha

so, i won the game 27-24, and it got my #1 greatest game ever to top my HUGE list of greatest games. purely, a miracle. a 24-0 comeback from 6 seconds left in the 2nd quarter, and won off a pick in the endzone with no time left. now, he is #400, and i am #1,150. i moved up about 300 ranks. greatest upset i have ever been part of (Cal AT Auburn), and greatest game i have EVER played in ANY videogame.

Last edited by bruins09; 09-05-2004 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 02:11 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: I Cant Believe I Just Won This Game!!!!

i dont believe...WHAT I JUST READ!!

Old 09-05-2004, 03:15 AM   #3
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
i dont believe...WHAT I JUST READ!!

The band is out on the field! The band is out on the field! Touchdown Cal!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 03:19 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Teaches him to mess with O.S. affiliates...
Old 09-05-2004, 03:21 AM   #5
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

There's no way he should have lost; he must be an idiot. Even if it was an OSer, he had no business losing, but that's why there's no mercy rule in football: Anything can happen!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
The band is out on the field! The band is out on the field! Touchdown Cal!!!!!!!!!!!
lmao - I actually laughed at that. I can hear the announcer screaming in my head lol

Anyway - congrats, sounds like one hell of a game.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

Thazz incredible. Good Game Man.

AIM-NextGenHotShot
Old 09-05-2004, 11:23 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxRocks1991
Thazz incredible. Good Game Man.
That was a good game. Why question is why didn't your opponent just kneel down the ball and you call a timeout with about 6 seconds remaining?

Then he could have just punted the ball out of bounds and forced a Hail Mary situation but oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »