Home

NCAA Teams in Madden 20

This is a discussion on NCAA Teams in Madden 20 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Teams in Madden 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
The point isn't about this mode or right now. It gives us hope that something is in the works for the future. It's something to be optimistic about.
I'd say it's something to be delusional about.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Is there any particular reason why EA cannot release a fully customizable college game? Way back when they started, they used teams such as College Station, Tallahassee, or Austin.

Leave it at that... don't try to be cute and mimic their colors. Don't try to be cute and have the starting QB for the Tuscaloosa team #13 with brown skin. This is what got them in trouble.

But the game is fully customizable... if gamers change the colors and names of the players and upload them to the serves, EA cannot be held liable for that. Remember... this is not what got EA in trouble... what got them in hot water is that the QB for the Florida Gators was a white lefty from Jacksonville FL who ran very well and wore #15 but EA tried w/ a straight face to claim it is a coincidence.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Is there any particular reason why EA cannot release a fully customizable college game? Way back when they started, they used teams such as College Station, Tallahassee, or Austin.

Leave it at that... don't try to be cute and mimic their colors. Don't try to be cute and have the starting QB for the Tuscaloosa team #13 with brown skin. This is what got them in trouble.

But the game is fully customizable... if gamers change the colors and names of the players and upload them to the serves, EA cannot be held liable for that. Remember... this is not what got EA in trouble... what got them in hot water is that the QB for the Florida Gators was a white lefty from Jacksonville FL who ran very well and wore #15 but EA tried w/ a straight face to claim it is a coincidence.
Resources, development, huge cost, and likely little revenue return for a niche audience. Especially considering the industry climate, doing this stuff is as grueling as it's ever been. EA can't just snap their fingers out of the goodness of their hearts and say "lol here u go" just like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Resources, development, huge cost, and likely little revenue return for a niche audience. Especially considering the industry climate, doing this stuff is as grueling as it's ever been. EA can't just snap their fingers out of the goodness of their hearts and say "lol here u go" just like that.
An unlicensed college game would only appeal to the hardcore college fans. I don't see EA making an unlicensed game. I know I saw a video saying if EA made it to NCAA, then they would have tried to make the game a lot more customizable. But I can see EA wanting to be authentic as possible, so I don't see them creating a game with fake teams. Especially if they don't want to have coordinators in Madden because they want to have real coordinators
Old 05-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

I wouldn't even think about a new NCAA until they fix the issue with player compensation. Even then, it will take about 2 years for them to build it for next generation
It's crazy to think about how fun it would be have a college sports game in this generation. Just think about having a my career in college basketball just like 2k were you can choose your own university and play high school games. Damn the NCAA needs to fix this, just pay the student athletes and we will have college sports games back!

I miss playing college football and basketball. It sucks that it is out of the fans control. All we can do is sit back and hope the NCAA can figure a way to pay these students.smh
Old 05-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #14
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I'd say it's something to be delusional about.
Even more to be optimistic about now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »