Home

How Long do you Stick with Your Team?

This is a discussion on How Long do you Stick with Your Team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How long are you HC at your school once you reach the top of your career progression?
2 - 4 Years 3 16.67%
4 - 6 Years 6 33.33%
7 -10 Years 2 11.11%
11 - 15 Years 4 22.22%
15+ 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How Long do you Stick with Your Team?

So in my PS2 dynasty I was at BGSU for five years and then Clemson for five years. We won two national titles and I only left because I got the dream job offer - USC. I've been there seven years. I should've retired the coach after the fourth national title. Kinda not sure what to do with it now, because I'm trying to close out a dynasty by going through all the years for once.

In my PS3 promo relegation dynasty I made some spin offs from UTSA to USC and LSU because recruiting is still more difficult despite how well I've done at UTSA because tradition is more realistically dynamic in the PS3 game (and USC is my favorite school and LSU is as close to #2 as is possible). I'm torn because UTSA technically has a chance to win a national title but also I really enjoy the tradition and atmosphere of those schools. I've been at UTSA like six years.

So what I'm trying to say is that I think your minimum depends on where you're at. Urban Meyer was only at BGSU for two years but I feel like I should be at any school for at least five years so I'm going through a whole recruiting cycle and have the ability to cause lasting success. BGSU was a 8-10 win team for a while and Clemson is consistently top ten; I beat them in my last national title game.

I don't think there's any realistic way for me to leave USC besides retirement (can't *exactly* import him to Madden) so I might just end up making another coach. I think the scandal idea is a cool way to keep things dynamic. But I don't know where I'd even want to go next. Maybe Boise?

I'm not trying to hijack the thread (sorry if I'm oversharing), just trying to share my own experience and thoughts.

Do what feels fun. If you get bored, switch it up. But don't force change that makes you have less fun. It is a game, after all.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #10
MVP

saintrules's Arena

I had two super memorable lengthy dynasties, one with LSU and another with Ohio State...

I think I stayed 5-8 years with each and had a wrap up season & retirement. I was able to do a "end of career" analysis and actually got to document all my recruiting classes, see how players panned out, teams panned out, etc.

With dynasties I like to keep them as fresh as possible and actually keep a limit on how many seasons I go through so I don't get burnt out with the game. At the end of the day, solo playing 1000+ hours of the same game is going to get old, variety is needed.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For me it's all about how I start the dynasty. If I am using a tčambuilder team then I roll with them only until I get board. My longer dynasty have been starting out as a OC/DC at a 1 star program then work my way up. I have had 2 go for 10 plus seasons this way. A couple things I do is.....
1: Since my HC always has a offensive background I will run what ever defense my D.C. has assigned to him. I will do the same for offense too if the OC has a 15+ skill rating.
2: Replace your HC with a newly created coach, create a back story.
3: Log your dynasty progress online or offline. Write stories, do player interviews, create team news

The best way to get ideas for how to make your stale dynasty better is to watch some YouTube series like Goldy goes Gaming's Big-12 teambuilder series or Not the Experts UGF Pandas series among others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #12
Rookie

TheEndIsNear4All's Arena

Well, since I have been with the same dynasty since 2013, and taken pictures/videos in every game, I have an entire note dedicated to it. Lol. But these are the teams I've coached, and the length that I stayed there. Going back to Wisconsin for the final 8 or 9 years left. On Wisconsin!20190621_174901.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #13
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I seem to average about 12 years

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 06-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear4All
Well, since I have been with the same dynasty since 2013, and taken pictures/videos in every game, I have an entire note dedicated to it. Lol. But these are the teams I've coached, and the length that I stayed there. Going back to Wisconsin for the final 8 or 9 years left. On Wisconsin!Attachment 165386

Love you some Sconny. You should post in the How Is Your Dynasty Going thread. I'm intrigued
Old 06-21-2019, 10:16 PM   #15
Rookie

TheEndIsNear4All's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Love you some Sconny. You should post in the How Is Your Dynasty Going thread. I'm intrigued
Yeah man, I have posted in there some. And I'm glad that I did, since I've put so much into the dynasty throughout the years that a lot of fond memories could have slipped through the cracks if not lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #16
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

i just called it quits with my teambuilder after the 29th season. i don’t think i’d finished more than a season with any other team prior to that dynasty lol. won championships in 29’ and 39’

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »