Home

Realignment with a 4 team conference

This is a discussion on Realignment with a 4 team conference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Realignment with a 4 team conference

I'm doing some realignment in my dynasty that basically involves C-USA folding and most schools merging with the Sunbelt, among other changes.

The problem I'm running into is I can't flatout get rid of C-USA and will need at least 4 teams to be there. I have 4 independent schools that I can move, but this will result in 4 FCS games auto populated on their schedules to "fill out their conference schedule." These teams are reasonably competitive, so I don't want this because it will artificially inflate their status.

I could split the new 16 team Sunbelt into 8 and 8, but then I forfeit what I'm trying to do in the first place.

Anyone have a creative solution the issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ZN30; 07-11-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realignment with a 4 team conference

How many independents do you have? (I'm just guessing you have between 6 and 9 independent schools.)

If you have access to the editor, you could always change up the schedule by switching out some of the FCS opponents. You could limit "C-USA" to one game against FCS teams and have them play 3 FBS teams.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
How many independents do you have? (I'm just guessing you have between 6 and 9 independent schools.)

If you have access to the editor, you could always change up the schedule by switching out some of the FCS opponents. You could limit "C-USA" to one game against FCS teams and have them play 3 FBS teams.
Unfortunately I don't have editor access.

I went ahead with the realignment and put 2 teams from the Sunbelt and 2 bad independent teams (UMass, NMSU) in C-USA.

I don't know what the permanent solution will be, but I figure I'll give myself a season to figure it out.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
Rookie

The game should let you go all the way down to one independent team
Old 08-06-2019, 04:01 AM   #5
BSK
Rookie

Independents
BYU
NOTRE DAME

BIG 10 East
Indiana
Maryland
Ohio St
Penn St
Purdue
Rutgers
W.Virginia

BIG 10 West
Illinois
Michigan
Michigan St
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin

BIG 12 North
Iowa
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
Okla
Okla St

BIG 12 South
Baylor
TCU
Texas
Texas Tech
N.Mexico
N.Mexico St

MOUNTAIN WEST
Add Idaho in place of N.Mexico
(Would you really miss N.Mexico if they werent in the MWC?)

AMERICAN North
Army
Navy
E.Carolina
Temple
UMass
UConn

AMERICAN South
Houston
Rice
SMU
Tulane
UCF
USF

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I'm doing some realignment in my dynasty that basically involves C-USA folding and most schools merging with the Sunbelt, among other changes.

The problem I'm running into is I can't flatout get rid of C-USA and will need at least 4 teams to be there. I have 4 independent schools that I can move, but this will result in 4 FCS games auto populated on their schedules to "fill out their conference schedule." These teams are reasonably competitive, so I don't want this because it will artificially inflate their status.

I could split the new 16 team Sunbelt into 8 and 8, but then I forfeit what I'm trying to do in the first place.

Anyone have a creative solution the issue?

I have tried to get rid of a conference as well and have not had any luck. When I disabled a conference in the editor like the WAC is, the game worked for the first season and then messed up advancing to season 2. I believe that the game has hard coded the number of conferences somewhere in the end of season / beginning of season module.

Assuming your objective is to have Conference Championship Games for all 10 conferences and you want the P5 conferences to remain as they are today (but adding two teams to the B12):

There are 128 teams in the game. The SEC, ACC, and B1G remain at 14 and the PAC-12 remains at 12. This leaves 74 teams for 6 conferences and independents. Add two teams to the Big 12 and all G5 conferences can then have 12 teams leaving 2 independents.

The B12 is tricky because adding southern teams moves the Oklahoma teams into the north and splitting the Oklahoma school puts Bedlam in week 15 in this game. This is why I add Cincinnati and BYU to the B12 and put them in the North.

I used to keep Army and Notre Dame as independents, but I'd probably make Idaho an independent now since they dropped down to FCS. Although it is unlikely to happen in real life, Notre Dame would fit well geographically in the B12 North with Cincinnati.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I have tried to get rid of a conference as well and have not had any luck. When I disabled a conference in the editor like the WAC is, the game worked for the first season and then messed up advancing to season 2. I believe that the game has hard coded the number of conferences somewhere in the end of season / beginning of season module.

Assuming your objective is to have Conference Championship Games for all 10 conferences and you want the P5 conferences to remain as they are today (but adding two teams to the B12):

There are 128 teams in the game. The SEC, ACC, and B1G remain at 14 and the PAC-12 remains at 12. This leaves 74 teams for 6 conferences and independents. Add two teams to the Big 12 and all G5 conferences can then have 12 teams leaving 2 independents.

The B12 is tricky because adding southern teams moves the Oklahoma teams into the north and splitting the Oklahoma school puts Bedlam in week 15 in this game. This is why I add Cincinnati and BYU to the B12 and put them in the North.

I used to keep Army and Notre Dame as independents, but I'd probably make Idaho an independent now since they dropped down to FCS. Although it is unlikely to happen in real life, Notre Dame would fit well geographically in the B12 North with Cincinnati.
The goal is realignment to fit the landscape and imagined world of my dynasty 40 years in. However, their are major constraints created by the game. (Static bowl line ups, value attributes to winning conference games, FCS opponents in general and "filling" conference games in conferences with less than 8 members.)

‐-------

The American is a generally weak conference, especially in the East. There's no benefit to schools to remain in the same conference.

Sun Belt is at parity with C-USA, if not better as a whole, but still has some terrible bottom feeders. Their best assets will combine to form a single stronger conference.

MAC is generally stable.

------

Ideally, I'd have the Group of 5 collapse into 4 and several east coast schools (UConn, Umass, ECU, Temple) forced into independence because they have no where to go, in order to suit the narrative of the imagined world. But that's not an option, so I'm looking for the best option within the constraints that's not going to breed unintended consequences (i.e., the 4 bottom-feeding teams that get dropped into C-USA having 9+ wins each season because they are playing 4-5 FCS opponents, leading to higher prestige ratings, leading to siphoning recruits from the group of 4 and Power 5.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »