Home

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

This is a discussion on Had to go back to NCAA ‘12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:36 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndy
I have used SECElite's Sliders since the game came out in 2011. They still give me a challenge week in and week out. And it's not like cheesy challenge. If your team is good, you will blow out a weak opponent. If you're even, it'll be super tough and if you're bad... nothing can save you.

Agree with the passing trajectories changing. You have to adjust (also, read option isn't as effective). But I can't go back to NCAA 14 because I really enjoy these sliders. Plus, with the dynasty editor, you can make the playoff as you do in 14 and edit stadiums and whatever you want. It's worth the switch.
He means simulation dynasty, so he wouldn't be playing the games. I feel whichever game has the most difficult recruiting would be the most fun for that type of franchise. Any of the NCAA 11 and on games on the RPCS3 emulator will simulate rather quickly, too, if your rig is good enough to run them.

― Plato
Old 05-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Embarrassed to ask this, but is there no way to scout recruits in NCAA 12? If not, that seems wierd, but I can't find a place to do it.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #115
Rookie

ACEsportaku's Arena

Alright, you guys talked me into it. I always go back to 14 but I’ll give 12 a shot to mix it up. (Not to mention you can find some copies for $10 so why not?)

I will admit that even though I love playing 14 if you don’t use house rules or a good slider set the game can be easy. I remember playing the first year of a Georgia State dynasty and going toe-to-toe with Alabama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #116
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyGuy
Embarrassed to ask this, but is there no way to scout recruits in NCAA 12? If not, that seems wierd, but I can't find a place to do it.
When you click on a recruit, it should have their school rankings, their opinions on your pitches, and their ratings. It's not scouting in the 'new' sense, instead it gives you a letter grade (ex: B+) for an attribute. There is a chart around here somewhere that gives the correlation between what ratings go with what letter grades / attributes (40 time is speed, bench is strength, squat is tackle or trucking) (ex: 4.20 I think is 99 speed and so on). I'm incredibly busy this week so I don't have time to find the chart, but if you can't find it by next week let me know and I'll dig up the chart and post it here.

NCAA 12 is such a blast! Hope you enjoy it man!
Old 05-17-2021, 07:43 PM   #117
Rookie

JustinT86's Arena

Will they revamp 12?

Sent from my U705AA using Operation Sports mobile app
#6VFL
Old 05-17-2021, 08:55 PM   #118
Rookie

starallgame's Arena

OVR: 1

I would love to see a NCAA 12 revamped, but it's highly unlikely.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:19 PM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
When you click on a recruit, it should have their school rankings, their opinions on your pitches, and their ratings. It's not scouting in the 'new' sense, instead it gives you a letter grade (ex: B+) for an attribute. There is a chart around here somewhere that gives the correlation between what ratings go with what letter grades / attributes (40 time is speed, bench is strength, squat is tackle or trucking) (ex: 4.20 I think is 99 speed and so on). I'm incredibly busy this week so I don't have time to find the chart, but if you can't find it by next week let me know and I'll dig up the chart and post it here.

NCAA 12 is such a blast! Hope you enjoy it man!
Thanks. So the letter grade is accurate then, you don't have surprises when the actual ratings are displayed after signing a player?

Or, is it that there are surprises, but you just can't scout them anyway? That would seems strange to me, given that even older versions showed changes to ratings as recruiting moved along.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:16 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just went back to 12. Playing on Rpcs3 now actually! I think it’s a breath of fresh air after playing so much of 14.

The graphics seem to be just as good. Maybe a little less crisp, but more detail? Something about it looks a little better. Could be the lighting.

The gameplay is nice as well. Less responsive than 14, but it feels natural when playing. I’m having fun switching back and forth!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »