Home

Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

This is a discussion on Had to go back to NCAA ‘12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #17
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Had to go back to NCAA ‘12

I feel the same was the OP, I just went back to my favorite, which was 11. I’m currently about 40 teams into a roster project for that game. I’m in no rush, I’ll just keep picking at it. I never had better games than on 11.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 07-17-2019, 08:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, I’m surprised to see that so many others have also jumped back to older versions, namely NCAA ‘12.

It’s absolutely true that defense was on steroids in this version. Defenders seem to be able to cover two players at once if they are in the immediate vicinity. And conventional concepts don’t always work against the coverages they were designed for. But I think that’s what I love about it. You really have to scheme and have a variety of plays, and that’s to beat a team with a similar rating. So there’s also the challenge of recruiting so you can get good enough to beat better teams. Just like real life.

I’m currently 1-3 with the worst team in the country, San Jose State. The only team I beat was rated similarly, and I was blownout by much superior teams. I’ve gotta say, I’m pretty addicted to this game right now trying to figure out how to make my team better. So as far as what I was looking for, I’d say mission accomplished.

Last edited by OBinKC; 07-29-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #19
MVP

I disagree. In coach mode I use default all star sliders along with recruiting restrictions I got from this website. The only play I don't use is the qb option. The NCAA 14 game is a challenge and a far better game than any previous game in the series.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #20
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

12 was good, but I couldn't get past those LBs. I go back and forth between 11 and 14. IMO, 11 is the best game to play, but it's missing the current the current college trends with the read option. 14 is a lot of fun, but it drives me insane that you cannot complete long passes over the DB. Even with roster editing, there's no way to fix that velocity.

I appreciate the OPs passion for 12, I am going to pick it up again just to have the entire NCAA library.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #21
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
12 was good, but I couldn't get past those LBs. I go back and forth between 11 and 14. IMO, 11 is the best game to play, but it's missing the current the current college trends with the read option. 14 is a lot of fun, but it drives me insane that you cannot complete long passes over the DB. Even with roster editing, there's no way to fix that velocity.

I appreciate the OPs passion for 12, I am going to pick it up again just to have the entire NCAA library.
Edit up QB strength to get better trajectories. Should be mid 60s minimum.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

OVR: 1

What sliders have you been using since going back? I've been thinking about switching back as well. I think I can deal with the LBs over beating Alabama as a Sun Belt team.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassChaos
What sliders have you been using since going back? I've been thinking about switching back as well. I think I can deal with the LBs over beating Alabama as a Sun Belt team.

I decided to start from scratch with default and some house rules that I always play with. Made a couple slider adjustments, but that's it (so far):

All-American
All default except:
Pass rush = 0, for both
Pass blocking = 100, for both

House rules:
Always pick one of the three ask coach plays, no audibles, hot routes, adjustments of any kind. Once I scramble, I can no longer pass. I can only continue the run or throw it away. I do this because the CPU doesn't scramble and then pass. Watch the play, or sim, for field goals and extra points.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I really enjoyed '12. It has been a while, but I seem to recall the three issues for me were:
1. CPU option teams were inept.
2. Inability to exit out of the play-action animation.
3. Results in passing game seemed more dependent upon the mood of the CPU rather than my timing/decisions (both good & bad).

But it was nice to have custom stadium sounds that actually worked. And I never grew tired of the team entrances (I Loathe the game intro's in '14).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »