Home

Your favorite NCAA video game

This is a discussion on Your favorite NCAA video game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your favorite NCAA video game

Just as the title says. My personal favorite is 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Your favorite NCAA video game

So tough to pick just one.

Top 5 (chronological order): '05, '06, '09, '12, '14.

I guess I'd say '09 on older gen, '12 on most recent.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 07-18-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Very tough!!!

Top 3 No Order

1) NCAA 04

That game was the first time I had ever developed a real rivalry with a CPU team. 04 was the year Oregon State was one of the best teams on the game. I played as the Cal Bears. We went head up on the field and in recruiting. I got W's in both areas and took L's in both as well. The one I remember more than any other in the history of this series was a recruiting war with the #1 CB in the country O.J. Burnsides. He was from the state of California and myself and Oregon State was in his top 2. The recruitment went down to the wire and he chose Oregon State. When I faced off against Oregon State the next season he was one of their starting corners. I had my mind made up. I'm going to attack and embarrass him from start to finish. He picked me off twice and shut my WR down. We ended up winning the game but he was the truth. That's the fondest memory I have in this entire series.

2) NCAA 06

This game was probably the most fun out of all of them to me. Factor that in with the D 1-AA teams in the game and being able to run a Dynasty with them...having player suspensions and the ability to go on probation if you didn't take care of business on that end. It just added an element where you may have a big game coming up and your best player may not available because he broke team rules. So that was very cool.

3) NCAA 14

Still going at it today. This one I hold near and dear to my heart because it's the last one and they opened it up to us customization wise.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

For now it's NCAA 06. I was really into career modes back then and Race for the Heisman blew my mind. Having to keep your grades up, having a dorm room, multiple girlfriends, getting drafted...it was revolutionary for the time. I hardly even toughed Dynasty. Now, I'm the opposite of that person. Madden's Franchise Mode has been so bad over the last 5+ years, I finally decided to bite the bullet and order NCAA 14. I got it for $40 from eBay which seems like a hell of a deal. If it's as good as people say it is, it will probably suplant 06 as my favorite.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2208
For now it's NCAA 06. I was really into career modes back then and Race for the Heisman blew my mind. Having to keep your grades up, having a dorm room, multiple girlfriends, getting drafted...it was revolutionary for the time. I hardly even toughed Dynasty. Now, I'm the opposite of that person. Madden's Franchise Mode has been so bad over the last 5+ years, I finally decided to bite the bullet and order NCAA 14. I got it for $40 from eBay which seems like a hell of a deal. If it's as good as people say it is, it will probably suplant 06 as my favorite.
You won't regret it. I've gone full retro mode this month...purchased an OG XBox and picked up NCAA 06. I'm going to get 07 today so that I can import draft classes to Madden 07. Those games were packed with features like a buffet packed with all the trimmings. You have dudes still dedicated up here working on this coming season's rosters. So, you will not regret spending that $40.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
You won't regret it. I've gone full retro mode this month...purchased an OG XBox and picked up NCAA 06. I'm going to get 07 today so that I can import draft classes to Madden 07. Those games were packed with features like a buffet packed with all the trimmings. You have dudes still dedicated up here working on this coming season's rosters. So, you will not regret spending that $40.
I just ordered a refurb PS2 and NCAA 06. My birthday is coming up, and from NCAA 98 on up to 14 I always looked forward to the release of the new NCAA game. It's that time of year again, I'm feeling nostalgic, and my absolute favorite game from the series was always 06. I know it will be an adjustment, but I'm excited about playing in dark, empty stadiums with only the PA announcer.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:00 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I know the older games are having a bit of a revival around here, and I loved those games in their time when they were new, but I just can't go back to them. Can't stand the pinball-like feel of the players when they make contact, and the momentum of player movement itself. Feels like trying to turn a semi-truck. So 14 for me. Also helps the personal slider set I have makes it absolutely perfect for me, 100% satisfied.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:08 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

NCAA 06 is by far my favorite of all time. After that I guess NCAA 14 may be next in line, but it's pretty far down the line.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »