Home

NCAA Says College Athletes Should "Benefit" From Their Likenesses

This is a discussion on NCAA Says College Athletes Should "Benefit" From Their Likenesses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Board of Governors starts process to enhance name, image and likeness opport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
Trying to keep my expectations in check after hearing this VERY GOOD news. It'll take EA YEARS to bring the Dynasty Mode features even close to what they ended with in 2014--we may never get there in terms of coaching carousel, etc.

Expect NCAA 2021 to be very bare-bones (I'd imagine at soonest it's available 2021, so it'd probably be called NCAA 2022).

I agree with keeping expectations in check, but they should still have all the source code from the last release as well as any work they were doing for 15. Ignoring the legal issues, they could probably make NCAA 14 with a playoff for the current generation consoles and release it next year as NCAA 21 if they wanted to go that way.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #18
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Board of Governors starts process to enhance name, image and likeness opport

Let’s goooooo!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #19
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I agree with keeping expectations in check, but they should still have all the source code from the last release as well as any work they were doing for 15. Ignoring the legal issues, they could probably make NCAA 14 with a playoff for the current generation consoles and release it next year as NCAA 21 if they wanted to go that way.

I would buy that immediately and not look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel like Hawkeye right now in regards to a licensed-player NCAA

"Don't do that. Don't give me hope."

Although once all the legalese is sorted out and the path is clear, I want them to take their time and do a full-on bang-up job. If they need two years to get the first one out the door, so be it. Get the players right, get the pageantry right, get the Dynasty stuff right. Make sure the stuff we loved about the NCAA games is to the level we expect from the franchise.

Last edited by milkmanbonzai; 10-29-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 10-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #21
Rookie

what is the status of the actual teams? Does EA have to get approval from each team and each conference to use their names, mascots, etc in the game, or is the NCAA saying its ok to pay players for these items and the teams will have to follow suit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #22
Rookie

AirRaid247's Arena

Man I'm crunk!!

We're probably two years away from the game now but definitely worth the wait. New system, new graphics. This is huge for the sports gaming community and college football fans.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecpa5
what is the status of the actual teams? Does EA have to get approval from each team and each conference to use their names, mascots, etc in the game, or is the NCAA saying its ok to pay players for these items and the teams will have to follow suit?
There was nothing stopping companies from using college divisions, teams, etc., it was the players themselves being the hold up. The point was that those colleges don't have enough value on their own, and it was too murky for companies to allow wholesale editing in those games without being accused of benefiting off the college athletes. This more or less clears that up, and each division will have to set up a way for these athletes to be negotiated with and be included in things like video games.

The date to get these laws setup is still January 2021 if the NCAA sticks to them, so we're still a couple years out at minimum, but this is the biggest news yet by far.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

While I have wanted to buy Madden for last several years, I just couldn't. But I would instantly pay full price for NCAA without hesitation. I don't know how coding works, I would love for them to just build off NCAA 14.

I can imagine EA immediately calling NCAA to see interest. I just can't imagine CBB coming back. Unless they want to just take what ever sales they can get and hope to break even, it just doesn't sale well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »