Home

OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

It has been a huge week of news for the future of NCAA video games. With...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
At the end of the day , the same suits who have messed Madden up over the last decade will be in charge of funds for this game too. Just keep that in mind before you get too excited to only be let down majorly .*

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 10-31-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
At the end of the day , the same suits who have messed Madden up over the last decade will be in charge of funds for this game too. Just keep that in mind before you get too excited to only be let down majorly .*
Exactly this. My excitement for this news is lukewarm, because I don't have much trust that EA will put out a college game that is as good as it SHOULD be.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

Quote:
I don't know. IN my opinion on the ps3/xbox360 NCAA Football was always better than Madden. on the ps2 the NCAA Football game was on par with Madden at the time. Ill even say NCAA Football has been better than Madden since the 07 release.
These are two different development teams I assume. so I have faith that the same quality for the NCAA title will carry through to the next gen release, if we ever get one.

with all this said I doubt that we'll see a NCAA title in ay sport for at least 5 years. player likeliness is only one issue.
Now they have to figure out how to set up a pay scale, for players and schools, and how that translates to merchandise, video games etc.

this news still makes thing complex, unless these developers just incorporate the schools in games without player likeliness.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Man, too true. We should be tempering our expectations for any future NCAA game based on how good Madden 20 was, and not how good NCAA 14 was.

"Welcome to NCAA 22. What Dynasty Mode? You guys are going to pay us millions for virtual trading cards and NCAA UT mode."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm very excited, can't wait. I hope they make not only football but basketball and baseball and even hockey. I would buy all those games. People worried about EA, who is to say 2k won't jump back in? They did have a college hoops game at the end.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Geez, Debbie Downer over here. Assuming NCAA 22 is the target date (PS5), we're talking 8 years without a new NCAA game, if that doesn't get you excited then just stick with NCAA 14 and PS3 graphics.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm pretty excited. The fun for me is playing matchups that will never happen in college football's regular season like Alabama (Roll Tide!) vs. Baylor, and fun things like that. Seeing the different stadiums is fun too. I don't get into Madden-bashing because it suits my needs just fine, although admittedly it feels mostly the same year after year. I'm happy, if it happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »