Home

NCAA 14 Disk Unreadable

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Disk Unreadable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
jp2
Rookie

jp2's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA 14 Disk Unreadable

Pulled NCAA 14 out for the 1st time in a couple years, unreadable disk.

I've tried the toothpaste method with no luck. Anybody have
success repairing an unreadable disk?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
Rookie

NEBULUZZ's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 Disk Unreadable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2
Pulled NCAA 14 out for the 1st time in a couple years, unreadable disk.

I've tried the toothpaste method with no luck. Anybody have
success repairing an unreadable disk?
Someone commented about downloading the game on your hard drive. Had the same issue for a few YEARS. Downloaded to my hard drive a couple months ago and since only had one game freeze during gameplay.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:36 AM   #3
Rookie

garnetknight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEBULUZZ
Someone commented about downloading the game on your hard drive. Had the same issue for a few YEARS. Downloaded to my hard drive a couple months ago and since only had one game freeze during gameplay.
same thing is happening with my disc [xbox360]. i have to keep opening and closing the tray praying it will launch. where can i get the DL?
Old 11-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

I've repaired a good number of games and CD's by using three Novus acrylic scratch and repair products. (Just checking my game collection, and I've repaired over 20 games with this.)

First, I follow the instructions and use the #3 Deep Scratch Remover. Next, I use the #2 Fine Scratch Remover. Finally, I use the #1 Polish and Cleaner. Sometimes, you have to go through the process 2 or 3 times for the game to continuously work without skipping or freezing. I've seen it at hardware stores and office supply stores. You can get the smaller 3-pack, or you can buy larger bottles individually.

I can think of 2 times when it didn't completely work: on a scratched up copy of NFL 2K5 (I got the game to work, but the game commentary was messed up) and on a CD that had a deep ring scratch that cut into the disc. But I don't think anything was going to be able to fix that CD.

I used to buy scratched music and games at deep discounted prices, and using the products was well worth the cost and time.

Disclaimer: I don't work for the company and haven't been paid to endorse these products. I am not an Instagram Influencer.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
Rookie

garnetknight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I've repaired a good number of games and CD's by using three Novus acrylic scratch and repair products. (Just checking my game collection, and I've repaired over 20 games with this.)

First, I follow the instructions and use the #3 Deep Scratch Remover. Next, I use the #2 Fine Scratch Remover. Finally, I use the #1 Polish and Cleaner. Sometimes, you have to go through the process 2 or 3 times for the game to continuously work without skipping or freezing. I've seen it at hardware stores and office supply stores. You can get the smaller 3-pack, or you can buy larger bottles individually.

I can think of 2 times when it didn't completely work: on a scratched up copy of NFL 2K5 (I got the game to work, but the game commentary was messed up) and on a CD that had a deep ring scratch that cut into the disc. But I don't think anything was going to be able to fix that CD.

I used to buy scratched music and games at deep discounted prices, and using the products was well worth the cost and time.

Disclaimer: I don't work for the company and haven't been paid to endorse these products. I am not an Instagram Influencer.
awesome , thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #6
Rookie

NEBULUZZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetknight
same thing is happening with my disc [xbox360]. i have to keep opening and closing the tray praying it will launch. where can i get the DL?
Just google “download Xbox 360 disk to hard drive”.

Play is much more enjoyable knowing games won’t crash.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetknight
awesome , thank you!
Yeah, if it's just due to scratches, I'd just get the disk resurfaced. Not sure about your area, but around here, it's $3.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #8
Rookie

garnetknight's Arena

^^^ thanks you guys I've been trying to get it to load all day with no success , the weird thing is that it only has a few tiny scratches and has never been out of the house! I did do a google search and found out that even if you install the game on the hdd , you still need the disc to play it:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games...ay-delete-game

Anyway , gonna have to find somewhere in 'cuse that could possibly buff it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »