Home

Help:which NCAA to buy

This is a discussion on Help:which NCAA to buy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Help:which NCAA to buy

So I'm itching to play an NCAA video game again. I don't own any consoles anymore but my nephew is getting in to the game and I want something fun to play with him. I had some of the most fun on PS2 versions before we got to the new consoles where perfection is needed all around. The game was much more basic and much more fun if you ask me.

Do I get a PS2? If so which version is best? 08, 11? Does anyone still make current rosters?

Do I get a PS3 and settle for 2013 since 2014 is around $200? If I go this route again, are there rosters? Do the sound files still work for custom sounds?

Thanks to all for any advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Help:which NCAA to buy

Look in the roster subfolder. There are updated rosters for 2014, and PS2 06 and 11.

My favorite is PS2, 07. PS2, 06 is the popular favorite. There are also a lot of threads about the best game out.

I think the PS2 games do the best job with atmosphere. But I understand 11-13 have good atmosphere on PS3.

In depth recruiting of the PS3 games before 13 is really interesting. Custom playbooks are great. On PS2 I know they're there at least from 06. On PS3 they're available after 12.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:20 AM   #3
Pro

Okay, here goes my opinion. If you go ps2, 06 is great. I would go ps3 and get 11 or 14. I have not played 13. I was not a fan of 12 with super high jumping LBs.

HONESTLY, I HAVE AN EXTRA COPY OF 06 AND 11. I got them for pennies. I will send them your way.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #4
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Okay, here goes my opinion. If you go ps2, 06 is great. I would go ps3 and get 11 or 14. I have not played 13. I was not a fan of 12 with super high jumping LBs.

HONESTLY, I HAVE AN EXTRA COPY OF 06 AND 11. I got them for pennies. I will send them your way.
Maaaan! I had a lot of fun with 09 actually, but 11 was special to me.

Sent from 713
Old 12-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

But to the OP, please try to find a cheaper copy of 14. The customization is off the charts!

Sent from 713
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 09:29 AM   #6
Rookie

I’ve played them all. 14 no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan

I might take you up on that.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
But to the OP, please try to find a cheaper copy of 14. The customization is off the charts!

Sent from 713
Cheapest I have found was around $180...maybe I don't know where to look? I had 14 back when I played and I love the customization. One of my issues is I like things to be portrayed exactly as is so the more real the games got the more I wanted things to be exactly as they are (uniforms, fight songs, game day experience).

One of the reasons I enjoyed the PS2 versions were they were much simpler and I didn't worry about everything being exact. I was just happy having the Nike swoosh on cleats instead of worrying about having every pair available like we do in Madden now. It was 100% the game play and the fun experience. I remember playing hours and hours on end because the games were fun.

Appreciate the insight gentleman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »